29. quidditch match

Julie, Remus, Peter and I make our way to the stands around the Quidditch pitch where the whole school was assembled, and fan up in the top row. The teams soon walk on to the pitch to loud cheers.

Madam Hooch, who's refereeing, stands in the middle of the pitch waiting for the two teams, her broom in her hand. The team captains shake hands and at the sound of Madam Hooch's silver whistle, the fifteen brooms rise up, high into the air.

"And the Quaffle is immediately taken by the new Gryffindor chaser, James Potter!" The commentator of the match, Calvin Brown (I think he's a fourth year Gryffindor student) yells excitedly as the crowds cheer.

"A neat pass to Matthew Perks - back to Potter and - OH NO Bludger coming towards Potter! - Woohoo! Blocked by Sirius Black, new Gryffindor beater - Quaffle still with Potter and - no, Slytherin have taken the Quaffle, chaser Tiberius Nott gains the Quaffle and off he goes - stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor keeper..."

The commentary goes on as we watch the intense match with our breaths held in. The crowd goes wild on the Slytherin side as the Slytherins score.

"...that's Nott speeding of towards the goalposts, but blocked by another bludger - sent his way by Sirius Black - and the Quaffle is back in Potter's possession, a clear field ahead and off he goes - Slytherin Keeper Blenchy dives -
misses - GRYFFINDOR SCORE!!"

We cheer with excitement while howls and moans come from the Slytherins.

The game goes on as James scores yet another goal while Sirius sends bludger after bludger in the Slytherins' direction. They look like they're having the time of their lives.

At the end of the match, James and Sirius come back looking smug and proud of themselves. Gryffindor won by 170 points to 80! Yay!

"PARTY IN THE COMMON ROOM!" The team captain, Tobias Vane, shouts ecstatically, as he keeps one arm each on James and Sirius' shoulder like a proud father.