Tip #15: Becoming an Ambassador

Author: hcwilhelm

Requester: BrookeNotAshley and ErynneStorm

Category: Wattpad Tricks

When I applied for the Ambassador Program, I was nervous as heck

When I applied for the Ambassador Program, I was nervous as heck. You have to fill out this Google Doc form and wait weeks before you know if you got in (or not). Sometimes it takes more than one try to get into the program. Sometimes it only takes once. But why?

1) The team you picked may be overwhelmed with applicants.
2) You didn't fill the form out correctly.
3) Your application didn't sparkle/stand-out.
4) Too many people applied (since I've joined we've had over 700 submissions each cycle)
5) Or it could be that you broke the Wattpad code of ethics too many times.

So here are some tips to joining the Ambassador Program:

Tip 1: Follow Gavin Wilson. He is our Ambassador Program Manager (our boss). He notifies everyone when the Ambassador Program is open again. And, if you feel up to it, you can also ask him questions about the program (don't worry he won't bite lol).

Tip 2: Become friends with other Ambassadors. Word-of-mouth is the key thing here, especially in the big orange world of Wattpad. Think of it like networking. If you want to climb the ladder, sometimes you have to mingle with the crowd. If you're not sure who is an Ambassador, just look for the orange heart next to our names:

 If you're not sure who is an Ambassador, just look for the orange heart next to our names:

Tip 3: Make sure your submission form packs a punch. You want to put your best foot forward when filling out the form. That means being yourself. Show what qualities you can bring to the program. Team Work, Diversity, and Giving Back To The Community are key elements that Ambassadors stand for.

For example, I applied for the Data Team when I first joined (and I haven't left since). For my application, I focused on my researching skills and that I want to learn more about what goes on behind the scenes of Wattpad. How I want to contribute to the growth of Wattpad. And as a Social Worker, teamwork is essential to completing our everyday tasks. <--This is how I got into the program the first time I applied.

It will take time to fill out the form. Set aside at least an hour to complete it and don't rush. Read all the questions carefully. Follow the instructions given because that shows you can be trusted. Think of this like filling out a job application. You want to look your best on paper.

For more information on the Ambassador Program, visit the link in the comments:

And here is the link to the application form:

If you have any questions about the Ambassadors or Wattpad in general, don't hesitate to ask. My PM is always open. Just message me or tag me (hcwilhelm) here in the comments and I'll get back to you when I can!

 Just message me or tag me (hcwilhelm) here in the comments and I'll get back to you when I can!

Want to submit your own Tip? 
Comment in this book and email your entry to avadelauthors@gmail.com. We'll review it, and if we think it's well-written and helpful to the Wattpad community, we'll post it! Your entry may be something you have written previously, even if it is published elsewhere. (=

Have a Request?
Comment on the first chapter with the topic you'd like to see. Your suggestion might just turn into an article!

 Your suggestion might just turn into an article!