Chapter Four

Bokuto
Doki-chan! Are you awake yet? 😊

Bokuto
We're going for breaky. You comin?

Bokuto
Doki-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Wakey wakey!

Rubbing her eyes as she heard her phone buzz for the third time, Idoki swiped it off her bedside table and groaned when she saw that it had only just turned eight AM. Of course, the grumpiness that she felt quickly vanished when she read the text messages that awaited her, each one only sent with a minute in between.

Idoki
Sorry Bokuto-san, I just woke up!

Bokuto
That's okay! Meet us at West Wood Bakers on Minamihorie in 30 minutes!

Idoki
30 minutes?! I'll try but I might be a bit late, I've never been there before.

Bokuto
*Location sent*
Here! It's super close, I swear. It'll take you 5 mins tops.

Idoki
Okay, see you soon!

Scrambling out of bed, Idoki booked it to the bathroom and quickly showered before pulling on a mustard coloured long sleeve tee and her favourite pair of overalls. After shoving her ID and bank card into one of her many pockets, she grabbed her phone and keys before heading out the door and pulling up her map application to begin heading towards her destination.

The fall breeze blew Idoki's damp strawberry tresses into her eyes as she looked down at her phone for the umpteenth time that morning, sighing because she knew she was already late. She didn't understand how she could get lost while following a map, but there were just so many street names that sounded alike, and when she'd stopped someone to ask for help, they pointed her in the opposite direction that her map had given.

-

Sitting inside the small, family-owned bakery, Fujiwara sipped at her latte and grumbled. "If she's rude enough to be late, then we shouldn't have to be polite and wait for her before ordering our food."

"I'm sure it's not on purpose, babe. It's only her second day in Osaka, she probably just got turned around or something," Bokuto wrapped his arm around his girlfriend's shoulder and kissed her cheek. "Don't worry, I'll feed my little bird soon enough."

Fujiwara rolled her eyes and leaned away from her boyfriend's affection. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that, Kotaro?"

"I'm going to go look for her." Akaashi cleared his throat as he glanced at his watch, noting that it had been almost fifteen minutes past the agreed-upon time. "This place can be hard to spot with all of the other shops around."

"Ah! Thanks, Akaashi," Bokuto smiled, pulling out his phone. "I'll send you her number; it might be easier to call her and see where she's at."

Craning her neck to look at her boyfriend, Fujiwara's eyes narrowed. "You have her number?"

"Well, duh. How else do you think I invited her to hang out with us?" Bokuto poked her cheek to try to make her glare disappear. "It's no big deal."

Fujiwara scoffed. "I thought you had Akaashi-san do it. You've only known her a day and you have her phone number."

"I have all of my friend's phone numbers." Bokuto glanced at Akaashi as if to confirm that this was a normal thing only to find his friend's judgmental gaze fixed upon Fujiwara before meeting his.

"Please send me her number, Bokuto-san. I should have gotten it yesterday as well." He pushed back his chair and slipped his phone from his pocket as he stood. "I'll be back shortly."