Chapter Nineteen

A loud knock on Idoki's bedroom door startled her awake. She glanced over at her phone and saw it was only six am. It'd barely been two hours since she and Bokuto had fallen asleep. "Thirty more minutes," she groaned loudly. "Alarm's set for six-thirty."

"Won't be any breakfast left by then, city girl. We run on farm time in this house," Arihito chuckled, opening up the door just enough to poke his head in and smirk at the cuddling pair. "Better hurry up before the other two figure out you two shared a bed or you'll never live it down."

Bokuto rubbed his eyes as he came to and blinked over at Arihito who simply winked and shut the door. Tightening the arm he had draped around Idoki's waist, Bokuto nuzzled up to her and softly kissed her neck. "Waking up beside you is the best," he hummed against her ear before placing a kiss just below it.

"B-Kotaro, my brother literally just walked in on us."

"So what?" He ran a hand down from her waist along the side of her thigh. "We're both fully clothed, it doesn't look that bad, does it?"

Idoki sighed, his touch giving her goosebumps. "It looks bad enough that Tetsu and Yuki would glare at you all day if they noticed."

Bokuto kissed her cheek before releasing his hold on her and admitting a quick defeat. He didn't want to start off on the wrong foot with her brothers, but if either Masayuki or Tetsunori did walk in, he wouldn't have regretted staying either. She needed him.

"Alright, alright," Bokuto sat up, running a hand through his messy hair. "I'll sneak back next door then and change."

Idoki sat up as well, wrapping her arms around his shoulders, worried she sounded too cold. "I'm sorry. I do like waking up with you, Kotaro." She gave him a tight squeeze before releasing him. "Thank you for everything."

"Anything for you, Doki Doki," he hummed happily, looking over his shoulder at her with a sleepy grin that she wished to ingrain into her mind forever.

He wiggled his way off her bed and cautiously approached the door, listening for any sign of life on the other side before cracking it open slowly and slipping away. Idoki flopped back on her bed, letting the smile on her lips stay put for a dreamy moment until reality smacked her in the face like a bag of bricks.

It didn't take long for her to rifle through her duffle bag and pull out an outfit, and after pairing her mother's overalls with a brick red long-sleeve tee, Idoki rushed through her morning care routine. She pulled her hair into a ponytail before she trekked downstairs, surprised to find Bokuto already seated at the dining room table. With a smile as blinding as a set of LED headlights on a pitch-black highway road, Bokuto effortlessly chatted with Arihito and Idoki felt her lips tug up just a little. Her eyes met with Tetsunori's as she walked into the room and he glanced at Bokuto before looking back at her with a small smile of his own, almost as if giving his silent approval.

Walking over to the empty seat beside their guest, Idoki ran her hand from his left shoulder to his right as she passed. A warmth spread through every inch she'd touched and he directed his beam towards her. "Morning, Beauty."

"Beauty?" Masayuki rolled his eyes at Bokuto before eyeing his sister's dark circles and puffy lids more carefully. "You look like shit. Did you even sleep?"

Reaching across the table with her fork to snag a pancake off the serving plate that sat in the center, Idoki shrugged. "I got a solid hour and a half at least."

"Wow, that much, huh?" Masayuki replied sarcastically.

"Maybe I'll have a nap later at the hospital while Tou-san's asleep."

"Gonna use the double-chair technique?" Bokuto questioned with a tilt of his head.

"The one and only," Idoki nodded with a quiet laugh. "Maybe I'll even use my jacket as a blanket."