Chapter Eleven

Akaashi had spent two weeks trying to convince Bokuto that he had no interest in dating Idoki before he finally caved. He'd take her on one date just to shut his friend up, and that was it. Naturally, Bokuto and his puppy-dog like excitement had been thrilled that now they'd both agreed and wanted to help plan their perfect date. He'd gone on a recon mission to find out all of Idoki's favourite things, asking Hinata and Yachi as well as trying to get the answers from the woman herself, despite not having a subtle bone in his body.

As their date night approached, Bokuto found himself growing nervous. He just wanted his friends to be happy, and it was obvious that they got along well, so this was a great idea...wasn't it?

He stood in a florist shop near Akaashi's apartment building on the other side of the city, tapping his finger on his chin as he stared at the abundance of flowers and tried to find the ones he felt Idoki liked best. His eyes lit up when he found the section of a display that housed a wide variety of colourful daisies, only to sigh when he realized he hadn't asked what her favourite colour was. To him, this was a crucial error.

Whipping out his phone, Bokuto called Idoki, and when she answered, he simply blurted out his question as if it was one very long word. "HEYDOKICHANWHATISYOURFAVOURITECOLOUR?"

"Uh, what?" Idoki chuckled softly, staring into the abyss of her closet as she contemplated what to wear that evening. "I didn't quite catch that, Bokuto-san. Would you mind saying that again?"

"Oh," he took a breath as he laughed sheepishly. "Sorry. I just wanted to know what your favourite colour is."

"That's kinda random. I'm not sure. Why?"

"There's no time to explain, I just need to know for...reasons."

"Okaaaay. Well, if I had to choose..." Idoki hummed.

"Uh-huh, uh-huh," Bokuto waved his hand for her to continue as if she could see it. "If you had to choose..."

"I guess...red. No, pink. Oooh, or you know, yellow is really pretty too, and blue is nice."

"Dokiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii," Bokuto groaned childishly, practically stomping his feet. "That doesn't help!"

"Well if I knew what these reasons are I might be able to narrow it down better for you, but I like a lot of colours, okay?" The redhead laughed as she pulled out a royal blue sweater and laid it on top of her bed.

Bokuto sighed. "I don't want to ruin the surprise."

"If it's a surprise, I'm sure I'll love it no matter what," Idoki shrugged before she wedged her phone between her ear and her shoulder to open up a dresser drawer to tug out a pair of dark wash jeans. "I don't need any surprises though, you know."

A small smile perked up Bokuto's lips as an idea popped into his mind, and hearing that she'd love whatever he chose was reassuring enough for him to decide what he was going to get. "Hmm. Okay! I'll take it from here. Bye, Doki-chan!"

Not bothering to wait to hear her reply, Bokuto hung up and grinned at the florist behind the counter to his left, making the request for two of each colour daisies to be made into a bouquet, tied together with a white ribbon before he rushed over to Akaashi's.

When his best friend opened his apartment door, he glanced down at the rainbow bouquet before he blinked up at him and deadpanned, "For me? You shouldn't have."

"For you to give to Doki-chan on your date," Bokuto grinned. "Daisies are her favourite, but she doesn't have a favourite colour so I figured I'd just get all of them."

"That's certainly...vibrant," Akaashi mused. "You know, it's almost as if it's your date with Idoki-san, Bokuto."

"What?" He chuckled. "No way, it's totally your date. I just wanted to help make sure it's perfect!"