Chapter Fifteen

With his fingers tangled with those of his girlfriend, Hinata passed through the threshold of a familiar pub and glanced around for their friends. "Huh," he hummed. "Guess we're the first ones here this time, Hitoka."

"We almost never beat Akaashi-san," she mused, looking up at her boyfriend with knitted brows. "Do you think everyone's okay? Plans didn't change, did they? Maybe I should call Oki-chan to see if th-"

"Oh, hi Shoyo, Yacchan," a familiar voice greeted as they approached the couple. 

"Kenma! Didn't you say you were busy tonight?" Hinata questioned with a tilt of his head. "Not that it isn't nice to see you!" 

"Kuroo dragged me here. I just got a new game though, so I don't think I'll stay for long. I want to at least beat the first boss tonight."

A heavy hand ruffled Kenma's dark hair and he frowned, only making Kuroo laugh. "You can't be so antisocial all the time, Kenma. Besides..." a smirk tugged at his lips. "We have a plan to see through." 

"A plan?" Hinata squinted slightly as the corner of his lip pulled up and his nose scrunched in confusion. "Plan for what?"

Kuroo moved to stand between Kenma and Hinata, placing his hands on both of their shoulders. "Don't you think it's about time gumdrop and puppy boy got together?"

"I don't think we should get involved," Yachi awkwardly laughed, hating to be the one to rain on any parade, but also wanting to look out for her friend. "Those kinds of things can be complicated, right?"

"Complicated, schomplicated," Kuroo waved his hand dismissively. "It's practically painful to watch them at this point. They just need to screw and get it over with." 

"Yacchan is right, Kuroo," Kenma added, shaking off his hand as he began to walk towards a grouping of empty tables. "You shouldn't meddle, it almost never works in your favour. "

"Does too," Kuroo called after him, leaving Hinata and Yachi to trail behind. 

"Does not," Kenma retorted. 

"Does too."

"Does not."

Knowing her best friend was already conflicted enough after she'd spent the night at Bokuto's apartment the weekend prior, Yachi felt her stomach begin to sink. She knew how adament Kuroo could be when he had his mind set on something, but she also knew that Idoki had really wanted things with Bokuto to work out in their own time. 

It didn't take long before the rest of the group arrived, with Bokuto and Idoki being almost the last to show up...together

"Well, well, how nice of you two to finally join us," Kuroo smirked, tipping the neck of his beer bottle to Bokuto. "Get a little too caught up in your puppy love?"

Idoki's cheeks flushed as she tried to laugh off the comment. "Sorry, it's my fault we're late. I forgot my ID so we had to turn back to get it."

"Suuure you did, gum drop," he grinned and pulled out the wooden chair next to him. "Why don't you have a seat next to me while the airhead over there gets you a drink, hmm?"

"What should I get for you, Doki Doki? Rum and Coke like usual?"

Her eyes flickered up to his, not realizing he'd paid attention to her drink orders. She nodded. "That'd be great, thanks Bokuto-san."

Giving her a gentle nudge in Kuroo's direction, Bokuto fled to the bar. The moment she slid into the seat, Kuroo draped his arm around the back of it and smiled. "Why didn't you come with Chibi-chan? Just wanted some extra time with your man or what?"