Chapter Twenty Six

Laying in her bed later that night left time for Idoki to regret not immediately accepting Bokuto's offer. Sure they'd only been dating for a week, but they'd been friends for months and no matter how she tried to rationalize it to herself, she really did want to move in with him but everything about it seemed too soon for social norms.

It wasn't that she doubted his feelings for her nor the love she felt for him, but this wasn't something that was really on her radar. Of course, after their conversation it was a topic she found herself mulling over the entire rest of the day and night, and the more she had, the more she liked the idea of it. Sure, it was early to start thinking of moving in together – but there was an unshakable certainty about their relationship that settled within her, one that she'd never felt before.

Bokuto's enthusiastic laughs, sincere smiles, and affectionate gazes made every day so much brighter and knowing that he was by her side gave her a sense of unwavering support. When she was with him, it was as if she had found a piece of herself she hadn't realized she was missing and yet could no longer live without. Idoki had gone her entire life without him and now that he was here, she wasn't willing to let him go. And right now, she needed him to know that. Screw what other people thought - she loved Bokuto and if he really was willing to take this leap already - she wanted to jump in too.

Tossing her blankets off of her, Idoki shuffled out of bed and pulled on a crimson t-shirt and her overalls overtop before snagging her toothbrush, hairbrush, and a change of clothes and stuffing them into her Idoki Farms tote bag and rushing out the door.

The serene streets were almost soothing to her as she walked the familiar path to Bokuto's apartment building, the chimes of the crosswalks at each intersection bouncing off the surrounding buildings and creating an echo effect. A small smile pulled up her lips as she recalled the first time she'd met Bokuto and how he walked her home that night, pointing out all of the interesting buildings to her as he showed her the sort of effortless kindness only he possessed.

Primary colours flashed onto the dark Osaka roads as the traffic lights changed with no cars to abide by their rules and not a single soul to disturb their authority. Taking a deep breath, Idoki pushed her hands into her jacket pockets and looked up at the building-lined night sky, wishing that she could see the stars through the city's light pollution yet still admiring the pretty skyline available to her. A light breeze lifted strawberry locks gently from her cheeks as she contemplated what she was going to say to Bokuto, hoping he'd still be willing to consider his earlier offer and also let her stay the night – sleeping without him was a fruitless affair now that she'd been so spoiled.

When she arrived at his door, Idoki knocked hurriedly and then twisted her fingers around her tote bag as she waited for a response. After a long moment passed, she realized that showing up unannounced at nearly one-thirty in the morning was certainly less than considerate and her heart began to feel heavy.

Maybe I should just leave and try to talk with him in the morning...he's probably sleeping by now and he might not want to see m-

The doorknob turned and when Bokuto's tired eyes laid upon her, he tilted his head to the side. "Ichigo? What are you doing here, are you okay?"

"I, um," her cheeks flushed a deep rose hue as she took a deep breath. "I know it's kinda crazy to say something like this so soon, but I just..." Idoki paused and let out a breathy laugh, her heart racing and her palms beginning to sweat as she worked up the nerve to confess the depth of her feelings. "I love you, Kotaro. I love you so much that some days it's so overwhelming and you're all I can think about and I wonder if my heart's just going to explode. You're amazing and I'm so grateful that I have you by my side and... well, who cares what anyone else thinks. I-if you're still willing to live with me and your offer stands, I think we should do it."