~Chapter 2~

E D E N

"Ge....he.. dying.." I couldn't make out the words they were saying people were in my vision as it flickers close and open over again. My breathing felt labored. I finally close my eyes this time I wake up in a room.

I groan but my body ached very much. I thought I was dead. Why aren't I dead? Tears leak out my eyes as a nurse walks in. She looked stunned before dropping her clipboard and running out scream a doctor's name. My throat feel so sore and my eyes feel so heavy.

A doctor in his mid 30s walks in looking frantically before landing on me. He walks over to me before checking some machines around me and my eyes follow around. "Eden, I want you to tap your fingers if you can move if not stay quiet for me, ok?" He says.

I slightly tap my finger as he smiles "Ok that's good you've been in a coma for almost 2 months, we could have trained your body so it wouldn't feel so bad, but the injuries on your body were far to dangerous". He explains to as my eyes widen " T-Two... mo-month?" my voice sound so dry and raspy as I cough.

He grabs a cup water from counter and sits me up bringing it to my mouth and I quickly drink it. "You will put it physical rehabilitation for 2 weeks then you should be free to go. You wounds were treated and because you haven't walked on your legs in about two months you need help to do so" I nod " your parents dropped of your stuff and money. You're being sent to an institute in 2 weeks that's after you finish the rehab"

He says with a sad smile "Where is the institute" I asked my voice still I bit raspy with a blank expression "In L.A" he answer thats was at least a 10 hour drive so a day flight. I just nod looking out the window (He lives in UK) guess they really wanted me far away.

After a few minutes, I could say few words with out coughing or stuttering.  but the doctor says give it a week or so to get back to normal. I start physical rehabilitation tomorrow. I still vividly remember what happened how my siblings actually care for me the first time in all my life. Except from the oldest and youngest I can say the oldest is mature and the youngest is naive to what's happening so he can't help but like me since in his brother. Carson and Nicholas.

Carson is the oldest at 32, but he long left he has his on life and family. Nicholas isn't really let around me but we sneak to see each other every night. He must be sad I haven't talked to him in over a month now. I hear a happy voice ring through the hall way and another older voice.

Wait... It couldn't be "Ok ok nico calm down we are almost there" the older voice said "but-but the doctor said he was awake I wanna see him so be fast you slow snail" yup that Nicholas and Carson alright I sit up as they walk in.
Nick quickly jumps over to me "Eden!!!" He happily squealed.

"Hey there" my voice was raw of emotion so it came in a whisper. Carson comes over and holds me in a tight hug "I'm so sorry" he quietly says and tears well up in eyes "I should have been there to help as your older brother I should have been there for you" he says again, but the tears already start coming out of my eyes.

"its not your fault at all" I respond my voice cracking up "Don't cry" Nico tell us joining the hug as we laugh and pull him too. We pull apart after a minute "I wish I could persuade them not to send you there I'm sorry, but even though you're an adult the power they hold is far too great for us to go against" He tell me with sincerity in his eyes and voice

"It fine I mean I finally get out of that family, I'm not going there to be 'fixed or be turned 'normal honestly who even wants to become normal these days" I joke and he laughs, but sadly smilss after

"Thats right, so the doctor told me that you're starting physical rehabilitation tomorrow" I nod and we talk about stuff and play around for about 3 hours before they had to leave. I was brought dinner they made me eat it, but I couldn't make it stay in my stomach years of throwing up food came and hit me in back.