fourteen

"You sure you don't want me to come in with you?" EJ questioned as the duo stood outside of the Walker house the following morning, Soul noticing the concern in his voice as they stood next to each other outside of his car

"EJ, I'll be fine, I promise." Soul chuckled as she made her way up to the house, walking backwards with a grin. "Talk to your followers or something. I bet they are probably dying for an update."

That caused a smile to grow on EJ's face before Soul fully turned around making her way into the house, closing the door quietly behind her.

"Well look what the wind dragged in." Jeff said, causing the girl to freeze as she slowly turned around to see Jeff laying on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand. "Where have you been all night?"

"I stayed with a friend." Soul said, as she made her way to the stairs. "They are actually waiting outside for me so I should change."

"Let me guess, you were with that red headed Bowen boy from next door." Jeff said, taking a drink from his bottle before chuckling. "Or is it that boy from the other day."

"EJ, his name is EJ," Soul explained. "I was with him and his family."

He didn't say anything else as Soul looked over see that he fell asleep, quietly she ran up the stairs to her room. Quickly she changed into a long sleeve white cropped turtleneck under a button front tan dress with black heeled boots.

Soul frantically began looking for the necklace that her dad gave her for her 10th birthday. In the process she accidentally knocked over the photo of her and him, causing a loud bang on the floor.

"Crap." Soul muttered to herself, crouching down as she started picking up the pieces when a folded piece of paper caught her eye.

She quickly grabbed it, unfolding it to see the last song that she had wrote together with her dad before he got to sick. As she read over the word, her door swung open, causing her to quickly stick the paper into her pocket as she turned around to see...

"Sam?" Soul said, letting out a small cough. "What...what are you doing in here?"

"I heard something fall so I thought I'd come and see what the noise was..." Sam explained, walking further into the room. "And I just assumed that you were still gone."

"Um yeah, I knocked one of my pictures off my desk while looking for my...." Soul trailed off looking over to her desk, seeing the necklace sitting where the frame once was. "My necklace"

It was silent for a moment, neither of them looking at the other before Sam decided to speak up.

"So where did you stay last night?" Sam asked.

"Oh, um, EJ's mom let me stay in their guest room," Soul explained, causing him to nod. "He's actually waiting outside for me. I'm having Thanksgiving dinner with him and his family and so I'll probably stay again."