twelve

"EJ, you're terrible at this!" Soul exclaimed, letting out a loud chuckle as she smacked his arm

"What? I thought it was a great idea." EJ said, as a small smile grew.

"You mean the one where you're on roller skates dressed as a teddy bear while singing Bruno Mars?" Soul asked, sarcastically with a smirk.

"Yes! I think it could work!" EJ exclaimed, with a giant smile.

"EJ, no." Soul said, laughing, shaking her head. "Do you even know how to roller skate?"

"I mean I can always learn." EJ said, making her give him a look. "You know what, terrible idea."

"I could have told you that." Soul said, sarcastically, causing them both to laugh at the dumb idea as Soul fell backwards onto the bed as she looked over at him. "Sarah doesn't like big and flashy anyways, she likes small but romantic. You know, bring her flowers and ask her on a date."

"Do you think she'll go for that?" EJ asked.

"I've known her my entire life, I'm sure she'll love it." Soul explained. "Also her favorite flowers are pink and yellow roses because she thinks red is too plain."

"When do you think I should ask her." EJ asks, as he lays backwards beside her.

"I would definitely do it during opening night." Soul suggested. "You know, send a giant bouquet to the dressing room along with a cute little card."

"Yeah that sounds perfect." EJ said, with a giant smile.

"I mean I hope it is, Sarah has basically been limiting our conversations ever since we started hanging out." Soul said, looking up at the ceiling. "But I think it will all be worth it in the end."

"I really appreciate your help and I'm sorry I'm the reason Sarah's not talking to you." EJ said, looking over the girl.

"It's fine, like you said 'what are friends for'." Soul said, looking over at him, causing them both to smile before turning to stare at the ceiling.

"So, what's going on with you and Ricky?" EJ asked.

"I don't know." Soul honestly said, letting out a sigh. "One day it seems like he likes me the next day he doesn't... I thought he liked me but he's been hanging out with Gina a lot lately."

"Do you like him?" EJ questioned, looking over at her, causing her to turn her head towards him.

"Yeah, I do...." Soul admitted, turning to look back at the ceiling letting out another sigh. "But I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me back. I mean it's been what, 2 years and still nothing. It always seems like the things I care about the most are slowly slipping away... It feels like I have no one."

"You have me now." EJ says, causing her to look up at him. "I mean, I may not be Gina or Nini or Carlos or even Ricky, but I think we can be pretty good friends. Besides, who else is going to help me with my crazy plans in the future?"