eight

Soul's day was the opposite of great, once again

For starters, she was woken up by Sarah rushing into her room to wake her up, because somehow her alarm clock was unplugged for like the 3rd time in a month, which meant they were late for school once again. Being late to school caused Soul to miss her first period and a test, meaning she had to make it up right after school, which meant being late to musical rehearsals.

Soul was running through the hallway of East High trying to get to practice when she ran into someone and fell, dropping everything.

"I'm sorry." They both apologized, Soul looked up and realized she ran into Nini.

"Oh, hey Soul," Nini said, finally looking up. "Sorry about that, I've been looking for my phone and now I'm-"

"Heading to rehearsals?" Soul asked with a laugh, causing Nini to smile and nod. "Yeah, me too. I had to make up for the test that I missed this morning in our first period."

"Yeah, I was wondering where you were this morning." Nini said as the two started walking to the bunker. "So, how are you?"

"Um. I'm fine I guess." Soul said, slightly shrugging. "You?"

"I'm doing good." Nini answers with a nod.

The rest of the walk to the bunker was silent, neither girl had the courage to speak to the other.

They walked into the bunker to the instrumental sound of Stick To The Status Quo playing as Gina was doing an incredible as well as intense dance but it didn't take long for Miss Jenn to spot either girl.

"Everybody hold!" Miss Jenn calls, making her way over to Soul and Nini. "Nini, Soul, where were you? We've been here for an hour."

"I'm so sorry." Nini apologizes. "I lost my phone and spent last night living as a hunter-gather, which by the way, did you know there are things that are only on TV at a certain time? Anyways, I picked it up in the lost and found... Wait, did you say an hour?"

"Gina sent you and me a text asking if we could come in early so she could talk through a new idea. You didn't get it?" Miss Jenn questions as she points over in Gina's direction.

"No, my phone was missing." Nini said, shaking her head.

"Well hunny, you've gotta keep better track of your stuff." Miss Jenn said in a serious tone. "A real triple-threat means singing, acting, and being organized."

"Got it." Nini said.

"If you had been here, you'd know Gina pitched a whole new dance break for Gabriella and Taylor in the middle of Status Quo, and she had Carlos work it all out with her, and it is just dazzling." Miss Jenn said as Gina walked over. "Soul, can I talk to you for a second."

Soul nodded wordlessly, sending Nini a small smile before following behind the drama teacher to the spot she once was near Carlos.

"Where were you?" Miss Jenn questioned.