three

Maybe you don't like talking too much about yourselfBut you should've told me that you were thinkin' 'bout someone else

But you should've told me that you were thinkin' 'bout someone else

Soul heard a light knock on her door, causing her to look up to see Sarah with a small smile.

"Hey." Sarah said, walking in as she quietly closed the door behind her before taking a seat on the girl's bed.

"Hey! What's up?" Soul asked, turning around to face the girl.

"I hope you know I'm not trying to force you into trying out for the musical. I just thought-." Sarah started but was cut.

"No. No, yeah I know you're not trying to force me. I'm doing it because I want to." Soul explained, shrugging her shoulders, causing Sarah to smile at her. "I've been thinking it's been a while since I've been in a show so why not do it."

"Well, I'm so excited!" Sarah cheered, causing both girls to chuckle. "But seriously I'm so proud of you for doing this. I know it's probably hard you know without..."

"Yeah..." Soul said, trailing off before smiling at her sister. " But it's okay. Besides, I'm really excited to be doing it, especially since it's HSM."

"Yeah, I know it's going to be great." Sarah said, nodding her head, before the room went silent for a minute before Sarah spoke up again. "So, what were you playing? It sounded good."

"Oh. Thanks, it's just a song I've been messing around with." Soul explained, causing Sarah to nod. "I don't know, I might just scrape it."

"Hey, don't give up. You never know, inspiration is everywhere." Sarah said standing up and on cue, Soul's phone began ringing. "Who knows. That might be the inspiration calling you now."

"Hey Sarah." Soul called before her sister could step fully out of the door. "Thanks."

"Always." Sarah said, sending one more smile before closing the door behind her.

Soul picked up her phone to see a missed call from Ricky along with a voicemail. Soul played the message as she placed it to her ear.

"Hey, Soul it's uh me Ricky... I guess you know that unless you deleted my number which I totally understand if you did... Um anyway how's it going? How are you? I probably sound like a jerk asking that. Anyways, I was just calling to say it was good to see you and everything... I'll just get to the point... Soul I really do miss you and you know what we had and our friendship meant everything to me... It means everything to me. What I'm trying to say is you always got me and always knew what to say to me when I needed to hear it and this whole Nini situation is just getting to me and I could really use your help. Just call me back when you can. Alright bye."

Soul let out a small scoff, she couldn't believe that the boy she used to consider her best friend called her about helping him with a relationship that 'ended two of her most important friendships.