thirty two

"Alright, let's get started!" Carlos exclaimed, trying to get everyone's attention

"Alright, let's get started!" Carlos exclaimed, trying to get everyone's attention. "Hello? Let's get started!"

"Okay, Wildcats." Miss Jenn said, causing everyone to turn to the lady, straying away from their side conversations. "Let's shake spring break out of our systems and try the Beast transformation one last time. And remember, this is the triumph of the show, the moment the audience has been waiting for. This has to work."

"No pressure, right?" Ricky whispered, leaning down to Soul, causing her to give him a small smile.

"Ricky, try not to rush this time. We'll speed it up when you're more confident." Miss Jenn explained, nodding her head.

"Got it." Ricky responded, simply causing Soul to pat the boy on his shoulder as he handed EJ his beast head as he stood on the other side of Ricky.

"Let's take it from..." Miss Jenn said, stepping behind her table on stage, looking down at her script. "'You came back.'"

Everyone either moved from center stage or moved to their place on stage; those two being Soul and Ricky.

Soul quickly sat on her knees as Ricky laid down in her arms.

"Okay, go ahead." Miss Jenn said, quietly to the duo.

"You came back." Ricky said, acting as the beast.

"If only I'd come sooner." 'Belle' said, holding his head.

"Maybe it's better this way..." 'Beast' said, grabbing the girl's arm.

"Don't talk like that." 'Belle' said. "Everything will be fine."

"No." 'Beast' called out.

"Shh, we're together now. You'll see." 'Belle' said.

"I'm just glad I was able to see your face one last..." 'Beast' said, carefully caressing the girl's cheek before fainting.

The one the boy caressed the girl's cheek left her in the feeling of deja vu.

~ Flashback; approximately 2 years ago~

"Ricky, can you believe we are about to be freshmen in high school." Soul said, excitedly as she fell backwards onto the boy's bed, landing right beside him.

"How can I forget when it's all you talk about?" Ricky asked, jokingly with a small smile, causing the girl to turn on her side, facing the boy as he was already on his side.

"Sorry, it just seems like everything is flying past and before you know it everything and everyone you know are just gone." Soul said, looking up at the boy. "You know my dad told me that he had this best friend he knew all of his life and then one day they just stopped talking. Just one random day they stopped talking and my dad hasn't heard from him since... We aren't going to be like that right... We aren't going to drift apart?"