forty three

"Okay, keep going

"Okay, keep going." Ricky said, leading EJ in through the barn doors, causing Soul's focus to quickly move to the door.

"You got this." Gina whispered to her best friend, sending her a supportive smile before letting go of her hand, quickly making her way out of the side door.

"This better be good, Bowen." EJ said, letting the red headed boy lead him into the room as Ricky covered his eyes.

Ricky quickly moved his hand away from the boy's eyes, revealing Soul sitting in the canoe once again as it was set up as if it was in the water.

"There's room for one more." Soul said, grinning at the boy that she called her boyfriend, causing a smile to grow on his face.

"I think she means you, dude." Ricky said, causing EJ to look over at him as Soul chuckled.

EJ made his way toward the canoe, causing Soul to hold her hand out toward the boy, letting him step in as he took the seat across from her.

"Tight squeeze." EJ said, causing Soul to laugh as the pair looked at each other lovingly.

"Okay, I'm just gonna go." Ricky said, turning to walk out of the barn.

"Wait." Soul called after the boy, causing him to stop and turn back around, causing the girl to send him a smile. "Thanks for all your help, Bowen. I really appreciate it, you're the best."

As the boy left the barn, Soul turned and faced her boyfriend again, causing them to share another smile.

"Hi." Soul said.

"Hey." EJ said, looking from the canoe to his girlfriend. "So, what's all this?"

"Well I was kinda hoping we would've hung out a few days ago and before you say anything I don't blame you at all. I know how busy you are with directing the musical and I fully support that." Soul said, sending the boy a smile as she grabbed his hand. "And I was also hoping we would've been put on the same team today so we could have spent the whole day together you know after that weird rehearsal the other day."

"Soul, I know." EJ started but was cut off by the girl.

"I've actually been thinking about something since the moment I saw you again on our first day here... I just didn't know what I wanted to say... " Soul continued to ramble as EJ ran his thumb over the back of her hand, causing her to let out a sigh as she reached over the side of the canoe pulling up her guitar. "So instead I wrote a song to say how I felt and I was hoping to play it for you."

"Yeah, no, of course. I would love to hear it." EJ said, nodding his head, smiling at the girl.

"Okay." Soul said, quietly, sending the boy a small smile she began strumming her guitar.

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place
Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is, it was enchanting to meet you

Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?"
'Cross the room your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me
The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is, I was enchanted to meet you

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

The lingering question kept me up
2 AM, who do you love?
I wonder 'til I'm wide awake
And now I'm pacing back and forth
Wishing you were at my door
I'd open up and you would say, "Hey"

It was enchanting to meet you
All I know is, I was enchanted to meet you

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
That this night is flawless, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

This is me praying that
This was the very first page
Not where the story line ends
My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again
These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
This night is flawless, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

"That was-" EJ started but was cut off by the girl.

"I love you." Soul said, quickly, causing the boy to go quiet.

"What?" EJ said in disbelief, locking eyes with the girl across from him.

"I love you, Elton John Caswell." Soul said again, causing the boy to smile as she grabbed his hand. "That's what I've been wanting to tell you. Before we met that day of auditions, I had always just seen you as my brother's water polo co captain and the guy my sister had a crush on. Ever since that day you've been EJ to me. The guy who is in love with the theater and would do anything to see his family and friends happy even if it's the right thing for the wrong reason. The guy who is very ambitious, smart, caring, confident and beyond talented in so many ways and puts his entire heart and soul into what he's passionate about. You became my best friend. I wasn't expecting to fall so hard for you but I did. Those weeks being away gave me time to think about my life a lot and I never felt that alone since the day I lost my dad. Even with my mom and Jamie and Quinn right beside me, I felt like something was missing. they weren't the people in Salt Lake... they weren't you. Then coming here and being able to see you all the time made everything clear to me. You make everything better... you make me better."

"You are one of a kind, Souline Walker ." EJ said, smiling brightly as let out a chuckle, looking from the ground before, locking eyes with the girl once again. "I love you, too."

"Yeah?" Soul said, biting her lip as she smiled at the boy.

"Yeah." EJ said, nodding his head with a grin. "Ever since the day of opening night of HSM, I knew I had some sort of feelings for you, I mean how couldn't I. The way you can just walk into any room and instantly make everyone's day better. The way you do that cute little nose scrunch when you're thinking, especially when writing a song or just dancing. I mean, I have never seen someone with such a big heart who is so dedicated to not only their interest but everyone else's passions; you're selfless. You care about others hard and protect them and their feelings before you think about yourself. You find the good and beauty in everyone. You seen it in me too and I love you."

"I love you, too." Soul said, smiling at the boy, causing the two to lean in, connecting their lips as the blue and yellow fireworks filled the night sky to end the day that way color war.

The pair pulled apart, chuckling as they watched the fireworks explode.
Soul turned to look back at EJ only to see him already look back at her with a grin on face.

"What?" Soul asked, letting out a light chuckle.

"Nothing." EJ said, shaking his head, smiling as he looked down at the girl's hand as he messed with the bracelet that sat on her wrist.

"EJ." Soul said, softly, causing the boy to look back up at her as she looked at him with a small smile.

"I'm just wondering how I got so lucky." EJ said, smiling at the girl.

"I ask myself the same thing." Soul said.
The couple once again leaned in, causing their lips to connect again as they shared a sweet peck before watching the fireworks fill the dark campground.