sober up - gerard way ♫

(y/n's pov)

the guys just got back from performing a show and we were now all chilling on the bus, waiting for gerard. gerard was still outside signing stuff for the kids, no matter how tired he is he always makes sure to make the kids happy, he truly does enjoy his job.

of course no matter how much he loved his job or the kids that loved him he still was struggling. i've tried getting him to seek help on multiple occasions but he refuses.

gerard doesn't know i'm here, last night at about 3am frank called me crying and vented about how gerard is always getting drunk to feel better and how much gerard needs me. he also told me how ray tried to convince him not to drink every single day but he insisted on consuming alcohol, mikey would loose sleep worrying about if his big brother will survive this horrible addiction. right after i hear everything i took a bus to where they are right now and decided to stay with them for the rest of the tour to help gerard.

my thoughts were interrupted by the door to the bus swinging open and gerard stumbling in. "hey baby, i didn't know you would be here" his face lights up and he walks over to me, hugging me and leaving a sloppy kiss on my lips.

"hey" i say softly, smelling the alcohol all over him. i decided to just stay with him and be with him right now and talk to him later privately. things would go a lot smoother that way.

"why don't you go clean yourself off then we can catch up" i smile at him and lightly push him over to the bathroom.

after about 10 minutes all the sweat is wiped off of him and he looks cleaner then before. he walks over to the mini fridge and grabs a beer. before he opens it i snatch it from him and put it back. "your not having that".

"y/n pleaseeee", he drags out the e. by now everyone who's on the bus is watching us, worrying about what will happen next.

"nope. your drunk already, you need to stop drinking." i'm now looking in his eyes which are filled with sadness. it breaks my heart seeing him like this but he needs to get better soon.

"you can't stop me" he reaches for the beer and i grab it from his hands, walk to the door and throw it on the ground causing a loud smash. frank gasped causing it to be lots more dramatic.

i walk back over to him as he blankly stares at me with no emotion at all. "are you fucking kidding me? i thought you came here to love me not to waste my alcohol!" he complains.

i'm now filled with anger at what he just said. "am i kidding you?! are you kidding ME?! your sitting here getting drunk off your ass all day making your best friends cry and your little brother loose sleep wondering if your gonna live another day!! get your fucking act together, you need help!" i finally snap.

he stares at me taking it all in and begins to cry "your right" he admits, "i'll stop". everyone sighs with relief and gerard hugs me letting tears out. i'm glad he's finally admitted he needs help and is willing to get it.

•••

it's now late at night and gerard has sobered up quite a bit and can now finally understand what's happening. me and him are laying in his bunk.

my head is lying on his chest as he strokes my hair, the mood is heavy. "hey y/n?" he whispers. "yes gee?"

"how am i gonna sober up? it's not easy, i've tried to quit."

i sigh, not knowing how exactly to answer him. "i don't even exactly know gee" i admit, "but i am staying with you guys the rest of your tour to help you through this"

gerard looks down at me confused. "how, don't you have work?"

"quit my job" i laugh remembering the story "the job was shitty anyways though, making designs for a ungrateful company can get tiring"

"i love you so so much, y/n. thanks for coming out here to be with me and help me" he kisses the top of my head.

"of course gee, i love you to" my eyes start to close as it's now 3am and i've had a long past 24 hours. i fall asleep gees arms.

(a/n: hope this isn't to shitty, go to the first chapter if you have request or just comment here. remember to vote for this chapter if you like it so my book can get a bit of reach! <3)