Piss off your parents pt 1

Being 16 and a junior in high school was already frustrating on its own, but it becomes ten times more frustrating when your family still sees you as a baby. I mean come on, I'm almost a adult now, not a five year old.

My parents still expect me to be oh so innocent and an angel. My brother, Ray, tries to keep me away from boys at all cost. I feel like if I did something that slightly breaks a rule all hell would break loose.

Tonight Rays band comes over and I swear the other guitarist is such a typical bad boy. He's got black hair and blonde sides, two piercings, stretched ears, and a cool attitude. His names Frank and him and the bassist Mikey go to my school.

I go to get the door when it rings and open it to Frank, Mikey and the singer Gerard. "I'm Frank", the boy gives me a huge grin and shakes my hand. I shake his hand back and before I get the chance to say my name Ray pushes me to the side. "Hands off my baby sister Iero" Ray glares.

I roll my eyes and make my way back to the kitchen table to finish homework. I'm convinced Ray must hate me, I mean why else would he ruin my chance at any type of social interaction with Frank.

It's now the next day and I'm waiting outside after school to be picked up, Ray was supposed to be here ten minutes ago but there's no sign of him. I turn my head to the left and cross my arms as a reaction to the cool December air. I see Frank struggling to light a cigarette and make eye contact with him.

It's now that I become self aware and straighten myself out as he walks over. "Hey, I never got your name yesterday, you're Rays sister, right?" He finally gets the cigarette to light and he blows the smoke out of the side of his mouth.

"Yeah I'm Rays sister, my names y/n." I look slightly up at him and smile. "A pretty name for a pretty girl" he laughs, I thank him and I put my hands in my pockets.

"Hey, what's up with Ray not lettin' me say hi yesterday?" His tone is gentle and he's soft spoken. My cheeks slightly heat up as I break eye contact, "He still sees me as a baby, doesn't want me talking to boys, it's really how my whole family is".

Frank let's out a scoff, "that's fuckin' stupid".

"Tell me about it, I'm the one who has to deal with it. I mean, I'm 16 and a junior I should be allowed to have my own life". I complain as Frank nods his head in agreement.

"Let's piss them off."

"How do you want to go about that?"

"You and I pretend to date, I'm a 18 year old senior with tattoos and piercings who smokes and is in a rock band with your brother who knows exactly how out of line I am, it'll surely piss them off" he explains this so nonchalantly as I internally freak out. This hot and cool older guy wouldn't mine people thinking we're dating, I'm on cloud nine.

I eagerly nod my head as Frank stomps out his cigarette, "I'm in."

"Great, pissing of your brother will be a piece of cake".

As if it was on queue Rays car pulls up and Frank takes hold of my hand, I try to enjoy the moment for as long as possible before I have to walk to Rays car. A goodbye is exchanged between Frank and I as I step in the car

Rays furrows his eyebrows and stares at me "What was that?".

"What was what?" I pretend as if I'm naive to what's being talked about even though I know exact what's being talked about.

Ray glares into my eyes and I can feel him practically looking into my soul, "you and Frank?!". I scoff under my breath and break the eye contact.

"We're together."

When I say this Rays jaw practically drops. "You and Frank Iero, together?" I nod my head and look directly into his eyes. He starts driving and I can't practically see the anger from him.

All night long I got random little "you know he isn't good for you" comments from Ray. My favorite is the "Hes just another rebel who lives for rule breaking and will break your heart."

Mission piss Ray off accomplished.

It's now the next day and the guys have band practice at our place again. When the door bell rings I rush over to it and open it to Frank. Before Ray could make his way over to separate us Frank gives me a kiss on the lips and I look at him shocked.

Not even a split second later I am taking a step back as Ray gives Frank a shove. "Fuck was that for?" Frank yells.

"Why are you dating my fucking sister you idiot?" Ray yells in his face and it's just now that Mikey and Gerard are getting here. "Because I don't need your approval to be in love. She's 16, about to be 17 Ray, let your sister grow the fuck up!"

I ignore the fact that everything Franks saying is true and gasp at him saying he's in love with me. I separate the two and look Frank in the eyes, "you're in love with me?"

Frank ignored my question and turned to Ray, I felt a stinging in my heart. Maybe I do actually like Frank.

"Ray, me and y/n are dating as a joke to piss you off. I've come to realize tho I do actually love your sister and wanna continue dating her for real. Could ya' stop being a pain in the ass and let her grow up?"

You'd expect this to be bittersweet but instead Ray pushes Frank once more. "Fuck you Frank! You know dating my sister will distract you from the band!"

This angers me so this time it's me shoving Ray. "Are you fucking kidding me Ray?! I finally have a change to be in a happy relationship and you're worried about him being distracted from your silly band?! You're pathetic." I run up to my room after yelling at him while wiping tears from my eyes.

Frank follows me up as everyone glares at Ray. We're sitting at the end of my bed and Frank dries my eyes, "you know I meant it, right?"

I furrow my eyebrows and look up at him, "meant what?"

"That I love you. I genuinely want to be with you y/n. Even if I'm kicked out of the silly little band." We both let out a small laugh as Frank pulls me in closer.

We share our real first kiss and I can feel him smile into it. "I wanna be with you too Frank."

I finally have my chance to be happy, even though my brother may not want Frank and I together.