the punk has been caught - frank iero ♫♥︎

(y/n's pov) ^^ y/n's outfit

it was 10:07 pm and i was laying in my bed trying to fall asleep but i couldn't, i kept tossing and turning as my dad and his band my chemical romance practiced. usually practices would be held at someone else's house since none of the other guys except my dad had a kid, but tonight it just had to be held at our house.

people say i remind them of my dad quite a bit, just i'm a bit more rebellious. in reality i just see myself as some 13 year old punk kid with bad grades. i guess i do see a few similarities in me and my dad though. i blame it on him being a single dad my whole life therefor him being the only parent that could rub off on me, my mom died during birth. i never got to meet her.

i ran downstairs and grabbed my skateboard before making my way down to the basement to ask my dad, frank, if i can go for a skate (and by skate i mean go spray paint some building or shoplift something). his rule was if i was going anywhere after 9 i had to ask him, the rule was total bullshit if you were to ask me.

right as the guys were about to practice a song i quickly opened the door, "can i go for a skate?!" i asked my dad hopefully. it was summer after all, i don't have anything to do tomorrow.

he thought for a moment before opening his mouth, "make it a quick one, you know jersey isn't the safest at night". i nodded my head in response before dashing out of the room.

before i left i went to my room and grabbed a joint i had hidden. as soon as i left the front door i hopped on my skateboard and headed to a already spray painted wall.

i lit the joint before i got my spray paint out and made sure no cops were around. i inhaled the joint deeply before exhaling and shaking my spray paint.

i made sure not to inhale the fumes as i spray painted the numbers "1312". i moved down the wall a bit as i continued to smoke my joint and add more designs to the wall.

as i heard sirens and saw a light i quickly put out my joint before they could see and i dropped the spray paint. it was about time i got caught anyways, i'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner.

"i've heard so much about your crimes now i've finally caught you." the police officer smirked as he hand cuffed me. i shot him a glare as he moved me to the back seat of the cop car.

"now, since this is the first time i've caught you and your still young i'm letting you off with a warning. what's your address?" the officer questioned. well, i'll be in a shit ton of trouble when i get home but at least it won't be on my permanent record.

as he drove me to my house he opened his mouth to speak, "and don't think i didn't see you smoking that pot" he looked back at me. i moved my head breaking the awkward eye contact.

as we pulled up to my house the officer grabbed me by arm and brought me to the front door. how fantastic is it that the guys cars are still in the driveway, even more embarrassing. the officer knocked on the door and frank answered and all the guys could see what was going on.

i shot a smile at gerard who didn't look surprised as frank looked taken back. "what's going on here?" he asked.

"are you the father of this troubled kid?" god, this guy was talking like i wasn't right here.

"yes, i am" frank answered as he gave me a angry look.

"well, you daughter was caught spray painting and smoking weed!" the officer loudly announced, "i also wouldn't doubt it that she's been shop lifting"

"i didn't steal shit! you can fucking search me!" i got angry at the officer. he gave my dad a look as frank nodded his head. mikey in the back raised his eyebrows at my language. of course he found nothing on me though, glad he didn't catch me on a night i was shoplifting.

the officer un cuffed me and handed me my skateboard as i stood next to my dad. "i'm letting your daughter of with a warning sir, but next time it's going on her record" the officer said to my dad.

my dad nodded his head and closed the door after the officer left. "room. now." my dad angrily spoke in a strict voice. i nodded and made my way to my room, there was no way i could argue my way out of this one.

not soon after i was sent to my room i heard my dads footsteps "i'll be right back, get the movie ready!" my dad yelled to the guys. of course they were gonna watch a movie, i'm guessing it will end in then staying the night. don't get me wrong, i love the guys, but today wasn't my day.

my dad walked in my room and sat in my desk chair as i sat on my bed. he glared at me before exploding, "what the fuck were you thinking y/n!?" he yelled.

i rolled my eyes not knowing what to say. i guess he knew i didn't have anything to say because he spoke once again, "your grounded." the two words i dreaded. "no seeing your girlfriend and no going anywhere besides school."

"that's a bit harsh" i scoffed.

"harsh? you were vandalizing and smoking weed! your 13!" he leaned forward and smelled me, "you even smell like the weed, how did i not notice!"

"i'm sorry!" i choked out as tears formed in my eyes.

"i hope you are" my dad walked out of my room, "if you care to join us me and the guys are watching a movie."

normally i would go down and join them but no way i was going to right now. i stuck my tongue out at my dad as he left the room.

maybe he was right, as much fun as it is breaking the law isn't good. it will definitely bite me in the ass later. as far as the weed smoking goes, i won't be stopping, he doesn't need to know that though. maybe i'll just stop smoking it in public.

i sat in my room for thirty minutes deep in thought about me and my dads little fight. i figured it would be best to just go down and watch the movie with him and the guys. he should be cooled off by now. besides he would have to forgive me by at least tomorrow otherwise the drive to school would be very awkward.

i walked downstairs and squeezed between my dad and gerard and sat between them before looking over at my dad, "i'm sorry" i quietly whispered in hopes of not interrupting the movie on the screen. the movie was jaws, most likely mikeys pick.

"i know" he whispered back before kissing my forehead, "i still have more to talk to you about after you go to school tomorrow though." i was already dreading whatever he had to say to me.

gerard looked at me, "if it makes you feel any better y/n your dad did the same shit at your age" he let out a cocky smile. my dad gave gerard a angry look.

"does this mean i'm not-" my sentence was interrupted before i could even finish.

"your still grounded." my dad said. hey, it was worth a shot.

i asked ray to hand me my hoodie laying on the floor next to him before i put it over my shirt. i don't know how or when the hoodie got there, my stuff was scattered all over the house.

i laid my head in my dads shoulder and cuddled into his side before yawning and looking at the time, 12:13.

"it's late, you should head up to bed, you got school tomorrow." my dad whispered in my ear.

"i'm good, i'll sleep here" i yawned once more before closing my eyes. i felt one of the guys put a blanket over me before i drifted off to sleep.