2.4

Although we didn't plan on really going home between any of the races, Pierre was forced to do so after the friend who was looking after his place while we were away, let him know that he found the flat opened up and things missing when he went over after the Spanish GP. While I flew to Brussel he had to go back and just make sure it was taken care of by the authorities, even though we knew nothing would be found from all the things they took. They would never try to sell it, or get money out of the things as anyone could recognize the watches, helmets and other little pieces. I didn't even know why it was worth it for anyone to do it, if in the end they couldn't get anything out of it. In the end we were just both happy none of us were there when they broke in, and it was only material loss and not someone getting hurt and that he could follow us a week later as the police promised to try everything they just can and keep in touch through the ones who were usually looking after his stuff while he would be travelling.

He sent me a message when he got onto the plane and I was there half an hour before he would be landing, so he wouldn't have to call a taxi or get the team to send him a car that would take him to the hotel. I already had a rental that I could take to Spa and leave there at the end of the week, so I could travel inside the city for the photoshoots I had planned for our week free before the GP. Why would we get another car to get him if I could just drive there and get him back to the hotel after finishing up with an interview in the morning. Minutes after liking my message about me waiting for him in the carpark I already saw him leaving the building and after searching for the car came towards me with all his stuff. I opened the trunk for him from the inside, waiting for him to get the suitcases into the car before opening up the passenger door and getting into the vehicle next to me. After a quick greeting I started the car and finally got out of the parking lot so we could get back to the hotel which was around an hour away from Brussel in Spa. He looked quite tired, but we luckily still had a few days until Friday so he would have all the time he needs to rest up before the weekend.

„ Do you still have things to do in Spa? Or was everything last week? " He asked, leaning his head back on the headrest, with his eyes daring to close in any second.

„ I'll have to get to a photoshoot tomorrow, but after that I'm free for the rest of the week. " I answered with a smile on my face, looking at him for a second. „ You can come with me if you would like, although I think you will need a full day of sleep more. " I let out a quiet laugh as his eyes were already closed when he nodded in agreement.

Luckily he was able to sleep during the drive and though still looked tired, his mood was a lot better when we got out of the car a the hotel. Getting our suitcases out I closed the car and followed him inside, so we could get the keycard to our room. As soon as we were inside, he jumped into bed while I put our stuff out of the way and got the little hair color kit out of my bag, that I got before I went to the airport to pick Pierre up. My hair was quite due for a coloring but as I knew no one here I decided to do it myself. The plan was a little bit of lightning and giving it a lavenderish tint, which didn't sound hard enough to scare me away. Maybe deep down I was shaking a little, but the surface is what matters, and there I was quite sure I'll make it work somehow.

The lightening was already finished and I was about to start the color when I heard rustling from the bedroom and just seconds later Pierre was standing in the doorway to the bathroom looking at me confused. I let out a little laugh, pushing away the remaining amount of bleach and conditioner combo in the little bowl so I could put down the one that had the color in it. This was the easier part, as i just had to add it to the ends of my hair where it was a light blond shade right now.

„ I wanted something new, and thought it would be better to do it before the photoshoot than after. " I answered his imaginary question, making me smile with how much I knew his thinking already. „ At least it wouldn't be visible how much the blond had grown out. " I added with a sigh, looking at my reflection now only seeing my original hair color from the roots right to the middle of the whole length of it.

„ It's gonna suit you. Even if the blonde was good already. " He shrugged a little, watching as I got the cream on the second half of my hair in like 10 minutes. I used up everything I put into the bowl and was about to just throw out the bleach that I didn't use in the end, when he stopped me. „ Maybe you can use it on mine? " He asked and I thought he was joking, but his face stayed serious.

„ I don't wanna mess up your hair. " I pouted at him, combing my fingers through it. „ It looks good anyways. You don't need a different color. " I shrugged my shoulders, as I did actually really like the color of his hair.

„ But you have some more anyways and I never had anything like this done before so it would be exciting. " He shrugged a little, still not letting me wash out the bowl. „ Whatever happens I won't hate it. Worst thing that could happen is I'm gonna have to dye it back darker. That's not that hard to do. " He added making me sigh and give into him.

He took his t-shirt off so at least that wouldn't get ruined and sat down on the edge of the bathtub so I could be taller than him and get the mix on his strands in a way that would give him a sun-bleached look in my opinion. I had an idea of how you should apply it as I had it done several times and watched how my own hairdresser would put it on. In the end he was just ready when I had to wash my own hair out and we changed places inside the room, so I could use the shower head attached to the faucet next to the tub. Although mine turned out great even in it's wet state, I was still anxious to wash his hair out just a few minutes later. He let me do it, leaning over the bathtub and it surprised me how natural it looked after it was towel dried and ruffled up a little bit.

„ This isn't half bad actually. I'm actually surprised. " I told him, while I was loosely braiding my hair so it would get a bit wavy for tomorrow even if I knew they will style it tomorrow. „ You should have done this a lot earlier. The fans will die when they're gonna see it. " I bumped my shoulder into him, with a huge grin on my face when he just picked me up and threw me onto the bed, my body landing on the mattress with a soft thud as I let out a laugh.

The next few days after I was finished with work were spent sightseeing in Spa and also meeting up with Anthoine's family as they came out for the race. There was a planned commemoration for the start of the race but they just wanted to meet up and talk a little before the weekend chaos started and they wouldn't have time. I was a bit confused when Pierre bought a bouquet of flowers at the end of our morning run on Thursday, but then I saw him take it with him for the track walk and put it down next to the others at the scene of the incident last year. Even if it was a sad situation it made me smile, knowing how good of a person he actually is. Even if he didn't win the race for him that Sunday, he made sure, together with Charles, that they never forgot who Anthoine was and what he achieved during the time he got.

It was strange to leave Belgium but we had to get to Monza for the following weekend, and I knew he was planning something for the first day of September as it was going to be our first anniversary. Even though I told him I would be fine with a hotel dinner and a film in the evening, he didn't let me stop him and I just gave up after like the second try. I was just happy to get some work done on the 31st of August and then start Tuesday off with an early run with Pyry around the park that was close to the hotel before we took a bus around the city and then had a nap before lunch. When we woke up Pierre already had a bag packed and as soon as I got some normal clothes on, we could leave the hotel building and get into a taxi that was already waiting for us. I didn't even dare to ask questions as I knew he wouldn't tell me what the plan was before we got to our destination. So I just stayed silent, watching the city go by through the window of the car.