17| under the influence

"YOU ARE NOT GOING TO MEXICO!" Those six words lead to Juliette losing her bet against Stiles, who assured her that his father would instantly decline the very idea of the two going to Mexico, and instead suggested they sneak behind his back like they did last time. Stiles let out a huff that was more of a hiss as he shrugged a shoulder to Juliette, gloating his swift win.

Juliette felt too drowsy to care. It's been an hour since they woke up, which meant it was only six in the morning, although she felt more tired now than she did the moment she woke up. "Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico."

As the two bantered, she flopped on the brown couch in the Sheriff's office when she couldn't gain the energy to steady her balance. "Okay, even if Deaton is right about this, the best thing to do is to go through the proper channels—"

Stiles ducked his head and groaned. "Dad–!"

"That means," Sheriff loudened his voice. "calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

"Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices, okay?" Stiles knocked his fists on the desk anxiously. "They need someone to go and rescue them, and i'm going!"

"I can keep you from going!"

Stiles shrugged. "We'd find a way."

"Just give me a little more time to find something more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!" He exclaimed.

Juliette broke her silence and said; "The same third eye guy that told Deaton about my death—"

Before she could let out the word omens, Stiles jumped to stop her, weary not to let his dad know about the omens. "Meth addiction. Yeah, he said something about Jules becoming a drug addict in the near future." He waved his hand in the air dismissively. "But we don't have to worry about that until after Mexico."

"What?" Sheriff Stilinski furrowed his eyebrows, but the two offered nothing but blank expressions. "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way to North America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then i'll book three flights to Mexico, and we'll all go."

He nodded. "Alright, great," He then took advantage of the scenario. "Do I get a gun?"

At that, Juliette started laughing uncontrollably. The Sheriff would've shrugged it off had the laugh not been exaggerated and caused her to almost fall off the couch. "What's up with her?" Sheriff pointed at Juliette.

Stiles sighed. "I don't know, she's been like this for a while. She cried on our way over here, I think she's on her period."

"Do you have water?" Juliette asked, but the Sheriff shook his head no. "I told you I should've brung that juice with me!"

"Juice?" The Sheriff asked. "What juice?"

"Well," Stiles let out a heavy breath. "Jules may or may not have drank the half dozen pack of grape juice you hid in the fridge behind all the healthy food."

The Sheriff stared at him, lost. "What are you talking about? I never bought grape juice to our— oh."

Stiles, catching along, facepalmed. "Great." He rubbed his hands on his face. "Just, great."

"What?" Juliette stood up dizzily, utterly lost. "What is it?"

"The grape juice wasn't grape juice, Jules, it was alcohol." He wrapped his arm under hers to offer her some balance. "You know what, it's fine, i'll deal with it." He said to his dad. "This in no way at all affects the plan! Nope." His voice was ripe with sarcasm as he left the office.