2| crooked church

( cr existforlove )

BEING STUCK WITH your ex boyfriend and his current girlfriend, all while three of your friends are most probably being tortured by a supernatural hunter mafia, was not the ideal situation to be in

BEING STUCK WITH your ex boyfriend and his current girlfriend, all while three of your friends are most probably being tortured by a supernatural hunter mafia, was not the ideal situation to be in. In some parallel universe, this wouldn't be happening. In another universe was a Juliette that was his and a Stiles that was hers. There would be a world where Juliette was selfish enough not to end her relationship with him, thus Malia would be the one awkwardly third wheeling in the corner of the bathroom while they shared an intimate moment. In this world, however, Juliette was the one by the corner.

"Do you hear them? Do you hear Scott?" Stiles paced around while the two girls sat on the floor. Malia closed her eyes shut, letting out a sigh when she couldn't focus. "Okay, what about Kira? Lydia? Anybody?"

Malia's continuous attempts at concentrating on her super-hearing failed her. "I... I can't. I can't concentrate. I... there's too many sounds and voices."

Stiles kneeled down, his hands meeting hers. "Alright, just breathe. Breathe with me, all right? You practised this with Scott before, you remember that?"

Her body faced the blank wall, attempting to give the two some privacy, which was difficult considering the room was empty with nothing to block her view of them. "I'm trying."

"It's okay, it's okay. Just focus on something."

Juliette felt like she was interfering— which happened not to be the first time she felt this way with the couple. She recalled all her nights in her room spent in companionable insomnia, hearing the giggles and muffled laughter coming from his room from the early stages of his relationship with Malia. From the moment she showed up on the true alphas doorstep, hoping he'd show her control, they knew they'd gained a new member in their little pack. A part of her wanted to hate Malia at first, which she later found to be nearly impossible. Hating people Stiles loved was not an easy thing to try.

And after weeks of rebound attempts, Juliette confidently believes that she dug her feelings for him so far down that she's over him. But Lydia once told her that feelings resurface the moment you think they're gone, and that line stuck with her more than she would've liked. "Here, look at my eyes," Stiles instructed her. "Just focus on the sound of my voice, just concentrate–"

Malia cut him off by moving her lips to his, causing Juliette to gulp and tear her eyes away from them the moment it happened. She felt the blood rush to her face, creating an overwhelming heat from her cheeks, which she assumed to be from the discomfort witnessing their kiss. Though her gaze was far off them to see it, but Stiles snuck a glance to her, slightly embarrassed himself that the kiss might've made her uncomfortable. She wasn't sure which was weirder; her witnessing them kiss, or the fact that she managed not to interrupt them by babbling out a third wheel joke.