15| at eighteen

"SORRY I PUNCHED YOU" Juliette reminisced on the moment that took place when she first woke up to the sensation of someone nibbling kisses down her jawline, and in all terror, punched the person. The short lived feeling of panic turned into a brew of guilt and embarrassment when she realised that it had been Stiles by her bed side.

Stiles rubbed the side of his face as they froze in their tracks before leaving her room. It was the day of the big lacrosse game, one Juliette particularly dreaded. On top of her disinterest for sports and distaste of celebrating anything after this week's events, there was the lacrosse game of the season. The one she knew she had to attend to support her friends and newly, her boyfriend. But they haven't discussed titles yet, no matter how much she was desperate to have the talk now. "Consider it your birthday pass."

With a groan, Juliette pulled on his hands to draw him closer to her. "Do me a favour and don't mention it's my birthday to them?" She intertwined her fingers with his, mutedly marvelling at how faultlessly it fit in his. "Oh, and one more thing–"

"This is starting to turn into a prenup—"

Juliette rolled her eyes, tightening her grip on his hands. "Don't tell your dad about us yet. Not until we get passed today without any... supernatural conundrums." She pursed her lips, facing his blank expression, peering at the sight. "Not unless you weren't planning to tell him anyway..."

"Jules—"

"No, it's fine! It's too early for that, isn't it?" Her hands let go of his an awkwardly stepped back, aware of her own overreaction. "You didn't say it back yesterday but— I thought it was just one of those things that are better left unspoken, but if you–"

Stiles pressed his lips against hers abruptly. Her eyes widened before they closed, the tension in her muscles unwinding to the sensation. "I love you." He stroked his thumb through her under-eyes, an eccentric grin shaping the corners of his lips. "Pretending I don't has been the hardest thing i'd had to do. You'd think one would kind of figure that out after yesterday–"

"I don't think you should bring that up in front of the pack." She laughed lightly. "Are we picking Scott up?"

      He shook his head as he grabbed his phone. "He had a movie night date with Kira yesterday and hasn't texted me since. So they're either pulled an all-nighter watching Star Wars, or they're dead in a ditch." He joked.

      "You gave them your Star Wars dvd's?" Juliette asked, and then restated; "You gave them a torture device for their first date?"

     "Alright, I can handle the punching me in the face when you wake up thing, but I will not stand Star Wars criticism—"

      He was cut off by his father stepping into Juliette's room, an usually wide grin on his face. The two stepped inches away from each other, breaking the chest to chest banter they had going as not to bring suspicion to his father. "Drop what you're doing— we're going to Josaline's to celebrate Jules's birthday."

"The fancy brunch dinner in Lydia's neighbourhood?" Stiles questioned, digging his hands in his jean's back pocket. "Dad, we have school and besides, I don't think a man of your debts should be treating anyone to anything."

"Well, there's one debt we no longer have to worry about." He showed them the letter tucked between his middle and index finger.

Stiles grabbed the letter to open it, and Juliette moved to his side. "What's that?"

"A letter of apology from Eichen House." Sheriff Stilinski smirked. "Apparently, they've decided to forgive our debt due to, uh... well, almost killing you two and killing Jules's mother, and all."