4| hale heist

(cr: existforlove
all their jules/stiles fanart almost
made me cry i wish i was kidding )

(cr: existforlove all their jules/stiles fanart almostmade me cry i wish i was kidding )

"IT WAS WRITTEN IN 1787." Juliette started underlining the sentence on the textbook with red ink, explaining the history lesson to the freshman. It was lunch time in school when Juliette would give paid tutoring lessons, and she knew she'd be in trouble with the school's council if they found out she's doing it on school time, but it didn't stop her. "Do you know who caused this to happen? I'll give you a hint: it rhymes with Tames Addison."

     The freshman, however, seemed to be lost in his own world. "Yeah, yeah."

     "Liam?" Juliette sighed when she eventually realised he wasn't paying attention, his focus being on the students in the distance. "Then, in 1789, they came up with the law that we still have today, that forbids parents from naming their kid Liam Dunbar because he'll be forever cursed to fail his history class."

     "What?" Liam shook his head, catching the last part. "Sorry—" His face fell to his palms. "I can't focus, I have lacrosse practice tomorrow, and you know I have to get in."

     Juliette nodded slowly. "I also know you're very good and that there's no doubt you'll kick everyone's ass. And anyway, i'm going to the practice too. Partly because I have to cut this tutoring thing twenty minutes short and continue it on the field, and partly because of another thing."

    "What's the other thing?"

    "My friend's are on the team and i'd very much like to see their asses get kicked by a fourteen year old." She explained, writing down summarised facts he has to know for his quiz tomorrow. "Memorise these, i'll teach you the rest later. And for the love of god, don't lose the notes I gave you so your father doesn't fire me."

Liam gathered his notes, one specific paper catching his notice, and he picked it up curiously. Juliette was busy filling her backpack with her notebooks and pens to notice that he was holding her mother's suicide note. "I think you dropped this."

Fuck. Her eye's widened at the sight of him holding the folded paper, and she instantly grabbed it out of his hands. "Right. Thanks." She quickly started to walk backwards, almost tripping. "Good luck tomorrow!"

When she left him in the study hall mildly confused, she unfolded the paper covered with underlines and circles around the words, all with Juliette's obscure theories about her mother's death. She tried to fold the edges so students that passed by wouldn't peek into the paper, but didn't care enough to cover it more. "Hey, watch where–" When she looked up to the person she bumped into, she sighed. "Oh, it's you."

"I love it when you're happy to see me." Stiles put both his thumbs up sarcastically. "How'd your tutoring lesson go? Did a freshman bully you about being an Eichen patient again?"