11| flatlined

"JUST TO BE CLEAR," Juliette eased away from the table, overlooking the blueprint. She cast a glance towards Stiles, in part for confirmation on the plan, but he was glowering at the counter. "This was absolutely not my plan. I mean, i'm not complaining, the new plan is better, but I just want to get that out of the way in case— you know, he dies. For real."

       "It'll work." Scott confirmed the moment Stiles opened his mouth to protest. Juliette had the distinct impression that he was avoiding arguments with his best friend over the insecure plan. "Is three enough?" He spread the laptops through the table.

      Stiles' momentary concern seemed to have passed, shifting into an imitated sense of certainty. "Depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so."

       "Are we really doing this?" Liam tossed a hand up, distressed. "Isn't this kind of dangerous?"

       "Yeah," Stiles nodded. "It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic."

     "Just our type." Juliette murmured jokingly, her hands hovering over the laptop's keyboard. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to, Liam."

    "I'm not scared!"

     Stiles placed his hand on the freshman's shoulder, grinning. "Then you're borderline idiotic, which makes you fit right in." He turned back to the three. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us and you know that."

      "How do we even know something's definitely coming?"

    "Because of the tapes, it said visual confirmation was required. Simon," She attempted to stay still when mentioning the chemist's name. "said the same thing. He was asking Stiles where you guys were and said something about needing proof that you guys were dead."

      "So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the deadpool but you can't send the proof?"

      Juliette pressed the palm of her hands against the table and leaned in. "To dumb it down, we want to see if the Benefactor or one of their minions shows up. The assassin might not get paid, but the Benefactor still needs to make sure they're really dead, especially if it's someone high on the list. So if he needs visual conformation,"

       "He's going to have to come get it himself." Stiles finished off.

     "Well," Juliette gaped at Scott. "See you in the afterlife."

      It took no more than an hour for Kira's mom to arrive at the McCall household. And with the constant back and forth that Juliette and Liam both had behind the rest of the pack's back, the two finally came to an agreement that Liam wouldn't protest the plan anymore. She pulled the common cliche's such as it's going to be fine when comforting him on the high risks at stake. In the end, she managed to lower his weariness to a certain degree.

     "So, you've done this before, right?" Liam failed at not brazenly revealing his anxiousness towards the plan, as his voice broke midway through the question.

    "I've seen it done." Mrs. Yukimura returned.

    "Is that just as good?"

      "No." She replied bluntly, quickening Liam's pacing.

    "Mom!" Kira coaxed. "You're not inspiring confidence."

     "Good. This is a horrible idea."

     "That's partly my fault." Juliette confirmed. "I had a plan, and I just sat back and let them completely change it into the most idiotic— cool, but idiotic plan. So when do we start?"