12| romeo and juliet

TIME AND TIME AGAIN, Juliette and Stiles always managed to end up in his room, pining new papers to the theory board

TIME AND TIME AGAIN, Juliette and Stiles always managed to end up in his room, pining new papers to the theory board. Because no matter how many mysteries they attempted to decipher, new ones would pile on top of each other, like a nightmare that never stopped. And then was the one mystery Juliette never managed to figure out, her own mother. "Are we serious about this? We think Lydia's grandmother faked her death? And is the Benefactor?"

      "That's what Lydia says, yes."

      "And you agree with this?" Juliette's voice was laced with scepticism, observing the picture of Lydia's mother beside her lover. "Let me get this straight, Lydia said my mother visited the lake house once, right? Because an amplifier can identify supernatural people and their power scale, so she needed her for the dead pool? To find the names and how much they're worth...? But I never met her grandmother, and unless she stalked me when I was asleep and got her information there— which Lydia better pray to god that didn't happen, it can't be here."

       Stiles analysed his board and the plethora of clues of Juliette's mother's death, including the suicide note and the polaroid of her mother. "Okay, let's say it's not her, this is all still connected to your mother. Whoever's sending someone to kill you, it has to be the same person who killed your mother."

      "Can we just leave this and get pizza?"

      He stepped closer to her, a deviant smile teasing the corner of her mouth. "You know you've been ignoring all your problems, right?"

       "I'm aware, yes."

       He tilted his head. "You know you'll get nowhere if you keep doing that, right?"

       "I'll be ignoring that too." A smirk crept on the corners of her mouth, falling when he wouldn't budge. "Fine. Anonymous person murdered my mom, we need to find out who he is, yadda yadda yadda. My money's on Peter."

      Stiles taped one of Lydia's grandmother's picture on the wall, glancing at her curiously. "Peter was in a hospital paralysed by the time that happened, so I very much doubt that." He crossed the name from the board, biting on his thumb as he ventured to find a better suspect. "Okay— to find the killer, you need to first figure out their motive, right?"

       "It has to be someone that hates supernaturals." Juliette remarked. "They feed off my aura and convert it into power, so whoever did it, did it because they don't want a walking battery charge to make supernaturals more powerful than they already are."

       He nodded, picking out the polaroid from the wall. "I mean, she was killed in Eichen, right? Maybe we should go back and..." Stiles froze, widening his eyes at the polaroid taken the day of her mother's death. "Jules, this polaroid— don't you recognise this?"