5| bar battle

( credits to existforlove )

JULIETTE FOSTERS had a shot of alcohol in her hands to drown her sorrows, though she knew very well she'd end up leaving this bar fully sober without any alcohol consumed

JULIETTE FOSTERS had a shot of alcohol in her hands to drown her sorrows, though she knew very well she'd end up leaving this bar fully sober without any alcohol consumed. Sometimes, Juliette forgets how much she abhors the forgetting that comes with alcohol until she's face to face with a bottle. It was the alcohol last halloween night that caused her memory of her and Stiles' kiss to be so blurry, remembering only the hazy glimpses, a memory she would much rather remember.

"You don't look twenty one." A girl, no older than nineteen herself, approached her at the bar. She took a seat on the stool two spaces away from Juliette.

Juliette let go of the full shot glass, lazily turning sideways to face the girl. "Neither do you."

"I have a convincing fake I.D." A part of her felt like she'd seen this girl before, but nothing quite struck her memory. Juliette was reminded of Heather when she examined her shoulder length golden hair, two strands neatly behind her ears. The girl didn't bother to take off her jacket, which Juliette felt was rather odd, but her charming and seductive smile erased all her concerns. "And you?"

"I have a convincing..." Juliette paused for a moment. "Attitude."

The blonde's smile widened, and she slide a seat closer to her. "My name's Olivia."

"Hi, Olivia." She didn't reach in for her handshake. "So, why sit next to me?"

The girl let out a hesitant laugh. "Why not sit next to you?"

"It's four in the morning on a school night. The bar is empty," She gestured around the vacant bar, with nothing but the ambient music on the speaker to fill the silence. "Even the bartender is probably passed out in the kitchen." She eyed her for a moment before deciding. "You're looking for a place to stay."

Olivia arched an eyebrow, a small laugh escaping her, her hand grazing Juliette's knees. "Why would you think that?"

"Your water," She pointed at the bottle in Olivia's hands. "They don't sell that brand in Beacon Hills, but they do sell it at the gas station right outside this town, so you either came from San Francisco or Oakland. And you're driver's plate out back?" Juliette turned to the window that revealed the only parked car. "Says Oakland. Your car's packed with stuff, too, so this is clearly your first stop in Beacon Hills. You keep putting your hand on my legs and smiling because you're trying to seduce me and find a place to stay tonight."

A surprised look was on her face, and her eyes widened at the girl. "I could get a motel, you know?"

"But you're broke." Juliette drummed her fingers on the bar counter. "And you didn't bring your wallet to a bar. So you didn't want to seduce just anyone, you wanted to seduce the bartender so not only would you have a place to stay tonight and a free meal and drink, but you just landed the job of a hot underage bartender that will undoubtedly get big tips from old men. So you'd play the part for a week or so, and quit when you have enough money."