24 - dave davies

Viadesnakegirl inspired me to write a Dave imagine for y'all! I'm happy some of you are enjoying my Kinks imagines!
❪❤︎❫
The overcast sky was dotted in passing cotton candy clouds, drifting lazily by in the passing wind. You thought of no other way to spend your day than resting outside. Despite the sun remaining shyly hidden, the June warmth was still present in the air. It hung over you gently, holding none of the typical English humidity.

You had packed up your things in one meager picnic basket, desperate to take yourself out of the confinement of your depressing flat. It wouldn't do much good to mope about the past. After a long talk with Pete over the phone, you agreed to use the time Dave was away to live it up.

Unfortunately, your impromptu bout of ailing temper had nothing to do with a longing for your beloved. In fact, it was silly to long in the first place when you knew that Dave was probably out parading with women in the Norwegian streets. Why did you waste so much time and energy on someone who barely considered you a passing thought?

Since London was blessedly Dave-free, you didn't run the risk of bumping into him and starting up some awkward conversation. Hello, Pete's friend,
Y/N. Imaginary Dave would say cheekily.

You knew Dave didn't recall a single thing about the night at the pub you spent together, drunk and out of your head. You were matching Dave drink for drink and still woke up with rampant memories of his warm breath on your cheek and soft voice in your ear.

Despite first appearances, Dave's first drunken instinct wasn't to feel you up or lead the way to his bedroom. In fact, he had been almost chivalrous, slurring compliments together in his lilting chur of a voice. He'd touched your hair and muttered reverent words about its texture and shine against the muted light of the pub.

That was when Pete caught sight of you two and immediately went on the defensive, whisking you away before anymore harm could be done. His intentions were in the right place, but you wondered what would have happened if Pete let you go. Would Dave have come close enough to kiss you? Was his end goal the bedroom all along?

You sighed, a defeated noise exhaled through your nose. It was too much of a beautiful day to be thinking of Dave. Or maybe it was a beautiful enough day to be thinking of him.

Children passed you, laughing as they played a game of tag. You brought your knees to your chin to keep from tripping them, but one little girl fell without your help. She wasn't put off in the slightest, scrambling back to her feet and shaking the dirt off her hands as she chased a smaller boy down squealing.

You missed the days when you were too young to feel the weight of the world resting upon your shoulders. What you would give to stay young forever. Maybe life would be better off without being burdened by hopeless relationships and rocky romances.

The little girl that you had seen fall shrieked happily across the field. "Gotcha!"

Suddenly you felt too exposed sitting there, all of your emotions gliding clear across your face for everyone to see. You ached to be somewhere private to mourn the loss of your potential love, but the idea of sitting alone at home frightened you more.

You wondered if Pete was free to talk. You wondered if he would worry enough to race home when he found out how you were acting. Cloying. Attached to something that had no realistic end. Even if Dave did fancy you enough to take you out, it certainly wouldn't last long. There would be other girls, other flings.