37 - bob dylan ²

Requested by Sofsims !
❪❤︎❫
Joining The Beatles on their first tour of America was one of the many perks that came with being friends with Ringo. You two had been together since you were children, and when the boys found Ringo to drum for them, he didn't think twice in dragging you along with.

You would often join them in the studio, promising to be on your best behavior so that they could get through a take without bursting out laughing. So when Ringo had called you excitedly on evening, telling you that they were officially going to America, you were over the moon! The last thing you expected was Ringo's invitation for you to come along with them.

There were so many sights to see in the United States, and you made sure to pack several weeks' worth of film so that you could capture each city along the way. You promised all of your family and friends that you would bring back souveniers for them and wrote out lengthy lists of all of their requests for you.

Unfortunately, since you'd landed in New York, you and the boys had spent most of your time cooped up in your hotel room due to the massive presence of their fans. It was almost unbelievable how the audience reacted to them. On your way into the building on a grocery run, a teenage girl tried to bribe you to smuggle her in through the fire escape!

You had barely evaded her with your clothes in tact, as she also threatened to rip them to shreds if you didn't comply.

"Crazy," you muttered to yourself, balancing a bag of groceries on your arm to push open the lobby door.

The manager at the front desk knew who you are and let you have free reign of all of the Beatles' floors. He was an older, kindly man with a pair of perpetually crooked glasses. On your way past, he nodded his head to you, half-engrossed in his book. You couldn't imagine how he could read peacefully with all of the squealing girls outside!

You took the elevator up to the eighth floor, where the Beatles had a suite. Your back was beginning to ache from the weight of the food. Next time, it would be Mal's turn. You couldn't fend off those girls singlehandedly again! They were getting bloodthirsty.

Shuddering at the thought, you marched down the hall, finding the correct door and rapping on it impatiently. There was some muttering and rustling from inside, probably the boys arguing over who would get the door first. You rolled your eyes.

"Can you let me in? I have the food," you called, kicking at the door twice with your shoe.

This got an immediate response, the door flinging open and revealing the room to you. Ringo greeted you with a grin, taking one of the bags from you to carry back to the kitchen.

"Our angel of the blessed grocery trips," John crooned from the sofa in a warbly voice.

Paul was sitting next to him, laughing at his antics while George rose to collect the second bag of groceries you carried.

"Welcome back," George greeted, more to the food than you. "Did you get any biscuits?"

You rolled your shoulders in relief and tucked your frozen hands in your pockets. "Not the kind you like, I'm sorry to say. They had raisin and plain shortbread."

George wrinkled his nose, digging through the paper bag. "Raisin?"

From in the kitchen, Ringo cried, "Raisin biscuits, Y/N?!"