43 - david bowie

For texturas ! This was such a cute idea! Honestly, we stan Ziggy-era Bowie.
❪❤︎❫
As you ambled cautiously through the small crowd of bustling concert-goers, you were pushed and jostled left and right. Their conversations steadily grew louder with the anticipation of waiting for the band to come onstage. You bit back a wince each time a purse slammed into your side or someone got a little bit too friendly with your passing figure.

It was going to be a long night.

To be quite honest, you would've rather been at home reading your favorite novel than seeing the billed Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. But you owed it to Mick to show up. He'd been practically begging you to come, if not only to show off the band. Still, you had a feeling that Mick had ulterior motives. There was something sneaky in the way his eyes glittered with unspoken amusement as he spoke about bringing you to see David and the guys.

Regardless, you went. You made up a feeble excuse in your head, that going out would be nice for a change. That Mick would owe you three times over for every time someone tried to get handsy. Besides, it had the potential to be fun. You could have fun. Well, you could try.

You had gotten dressed up for the night, finding something outlandish and colorful in the back of your closet. It glittered in the dim lighting of the venue and called attention to the subtle movements of your arms and each sway of your hips. You had even risked a little bit of makeup, causing your cheeks to sparkle.

Maybe it looked like you fit the part of an avid Bowie fan, but you were like a fish out of water stumbling around the seats. Your shoes were tight and made you trip over yourself and the people around you. For about twenty minutes, all that came out of your mouth was a litany of excuse me! Sorry! as you maneuvered your way across the floor.

It was just a show. You could get through this and go home. Already, your feet ached in your platforms and your bed called to you. Though you were tempted to sneak out early, you knew Mick would never forgive you. So you stayed, finding a place nearest to the front in case Mick wasn't able to find you in the dense crowd.

A girl next to you was already amped up about the performance, cradling a fruity drink between two careful palms. "Can't you wait?" She exclaimed, a wide smile crossing her features. "God, they're just... wow."

You shook your head in agreement, as if you knew exactly what she was talking about. In all honesty, nothing could've prepared you for what walked through the curtains at the beginning of the performance. First, it was the band. You spotted your brother immediately amidst the little group and shot him a smile. He waved back at you with a wink, then casting his gaze towards backstage.

Once they had gotten their instruments tuned up, the curtains drew back to reveal the star of the show. Your lips parted in obvious surprise at David's – or Ziggy's – figure striding across the stage towards the mic. There was an air of confidence about him as he moved around, in the way his long, nimble fingers curled around the microphone.

As the opening song began, you couldn't help but be entranced by the ethereal look of David's makeup. Truly, it seemed a second skin. Like this was his natural form, with an otherworldly pinkish skin tone and a shock of orangey red hair fluffed up for the occasion.

You could feel David's eyes on you immediately, noticing your agape expression. A small curl of a smile played at the edges of his lips as his fingers worked their way across the fretboard of his guitar. This eye contact didn't last long, as David was already bounding to the other side of the stage to sing part of the chorus with a group of eager teens.