39 - robert plant ⁴

For Lovelyritarose ! I try to make most of my general requests gender neutral and all-inclusive unless I state otherwise, but if I make some mistakes in doing so, feel free to let me know so I'm able to correct it!
❪❤︎❫
With the skies overcast and rumbling with an impending rain shower, you risked getting wet to wander out into the expansive property surrounding Bron Yr Aur Cottage. Though you had initially been hesitant to join Led Zeppelin on their trip to Wales, you were enjoying it much more than you thought that you would. The countryside was absolutely breathtaking, with its lands clear of any blinking industrial building and dirt paths foreign to any honking cars.

You wanted to stay out of the boys' way as they were writing and making music, and the best way to do that was to stay outside. For nearly the whole day you wandered the grounds and poked you head into the forests, their lush greenery and mossy overtones making it easy to imagine that fairies and various other gnomes and sprites had taken up residence amongst the trees and bushes.

No matter how much the woods called out to you, you never strayed very far within them. Robert had made you promise that you wouldn't let yourself get carried away and get lost. Even if Robert had been the very first to argue your spot on the plane here, he was also the first to worry about your safety in the countryside.

Before you had left that morning, Robert had even dug through his clothes to give you a pair of his boots to wear on your trek. He also made sure that you brought along a flask of water and some food, causing the others to scoff in mock annoyance at how Robert flit around the kitchen like a nervous housewife.

His sentiment was endearing and you made sure to give him more than a few thank you kisses for his efforts. You understood Robert worried about you, but how could it be that dangerous? You doubted that you'd come across any of the wild grizzlies that inhabited the United States! Still, you kept up your end of your promise and only circled around the property a few times, searching for wildlife to watch and potential mythological creatures that could be hiding out within the hollows and nooks of trees.

It was nearly late afternoon as you walked from the back of the cottage to the furthest point in the yard. From there, the neatly manicured grass was disrupted by tangled brush and thorny briars. Somewhere high in a tree, a squirrel clicked out an agitated noise to a bird who got in its way. A few specks of raindrops fell onto your nose and cheeks, but you ignored them in favor of inching closer to the forbidden wildnerness. If you looked close enough, you could make out a tamped down trail. It was barely there, mostly hidden by leaves and vines.

You turned slightly, taking in the sight of the cottage, wondering if any of the others could see you through the windows. If they were waiting for you to make this mistake and break your promise to Robert. But you wouldn't. Of course.

The rain was beginning to fall harder, causing you to retreat from the edge of the woods and head towards the welcoming shape of the cottage. There was smoke billowing from its chimney and the kitchen light was glowing a yellow-orange in the darkening light. Another crack of thunder echoed through the sky and that was your cue to break into a run towards the house as more rain came down, soaking your clothes.

Robert opened the door for you before you even reached for the doorknob, gathering you up in his arms and dragging you inside. "Y/N! Where've you been, love?" He asked, already pulling off your coat for you. "Christ, you were out in that storm? You'll get sick!"

"Calm down, Mother Hen," Bonzo grumbled from the fridge, grabbing a few beers for you to share over dinner. "It isn't rainin' that bad out there."