11 - Pardon the eagle

Chapter 11 

Uganda, Kampala
Nezumi, Head Quarters. 

"...also with us, is His Excellency, Ibanda Ramathan, beloved friend, husband also the strongest and most intelligent man I've known. Ibanda Ramathan, you are a very admirable and inspirational figure to this generation's aspiring young leaders... welcome to Nezumi's 9th Technological Innovation Expo as a perfect representative for Nezumi's very first Ugandan Youth Tech. Innovation Challenge winner 2011 Winner Absalom Bbaale because his innovation still burns bright there, here in this hall and is a representation of Ugandan youth out there that they too can add a stone of change to the future of this country and the union's growth with their innovations."

In the front was Mr Ibanda Ramathan in a full suit. Everyone knew him as the older brother to the deceased Absalom Bbaale, and so applauded. As Barbie steps away, her eyes rise to the VIP balcony. She holds her breath. She had almost forgotten...! She quickly steps back and taking a deep breath went on...

"Well..."

Akiyama Goto came closer to the front and on his left... he could see Ibanda Ramathan. He surely doesn't recall having given this government opposition leader an invitation letter to this Expo.

What beat his understanding even Further was how his Secretary Mr Barbie, also the wife to this man threw her husband such an unexpectedly warm welcome before even introducing the government's representative who was Simon Talemwa, also the high guest.

And then simply recalling to introduce the guest of honour after taking a step away from the centre of the stage as she had almost forgotten.

The audience applauded as Simon waved from the high seat we arranged with his bodyguards somewhere on the left balcony shielded with bullet-proof glass.

They then fully welcomed Mr Akiyama Goto. He'd fixed his tie and stayed up while a multi-racial audience applauded with great respect.

Akiyama Goto was heading up onto the stage and everyone was clapping.
Once he got up on stage everyone went to listen to hear what he had to say.

All of a sudden his phone rang...

Kenya.
Present day.

Cmdr Tumwine and his men were more than confused by what was happening on the news. The president was no longer responding even though the call was still running.

"Mr President. Father?" Tumwine kept saying but there was no response. Just then the signal got lost again.

All of a sudden there was a firing of bullets outside. In a moment, there were men at the doorway. they were the speaker's bodyguards. They needed to ensure he was safe. Well, before even their arrival on this site, the team had a detailed mapping of the whole estate. Including a secret escape passage that led out from this very living room.

They had everything planned out well. By now one of the men held the Hon. Speaker's driver on gun point while another immediately started searching for the secret escape passage seal using some high tech. vibration gadget here and there. The speaker watched intently but with such calmness s though he expected their arrival long before.

The heavy metal sliding doors continued pounding from the outside. All of a sudden those hitting it unleashed a wave of bullet shots at its locks trying to malfunction the system.

Commdr Tumwine dial the president again and inquire what they had to do... because what they wanted was carved to the speaker himself. And their initial instructions were to leave no trace of their visit to this estate. The call went through.