(II)

Inside one of the tracking military vehicles, someone sat seeping at his coffee.  

They had a set of live screens in an arc to one side of the interior, showing live footage of the situation starting from the hospital's reception area inwards.

"What's wrong with the sound system? I need to hear what they are discussing..." 

"I cannot pick up any sound waves... Something is obstructing the radars."

"Who is the boy even...?"   

"That's his son Erick..." Maj. Gen. Tumwine Darlington replied just when he saw the teen's uneasiness out in the rain. 

Absalom was in a disagreement with his son but their conversation was cracking every now and then. The boy was surrendering but arguing with his father!
After about a minute, the son reached something glowing on the back of his neck.

"There... what was that...?"

They paused the video and zoomed the image into the thing on the back of Erick's neck. 

Nevertheless, the moment the son touched the glowing thing, sharp pain in his head started. This alone caused a high-peached sound on the surveillance system hurting their ears!

The two thrust their headsets to the side hurriedly holding their ears thereafter! The images on the screens got fuzzy as well.

"Whatever that is... we shall need the boy as well." Maj. Gen. Tumwine spoke impatiently exiting the truck.

The trucking truck was parked at the centre of the whole blockade. The truck had several mini-signal capturing dishes here and there on its outside unlike those used by the police.

Besides that, the police officer was still doing his best to convince the fugitive to surrender but all in vain.

Maj. Gen. Tumwine Darlington spread out his umbrella and over to where Hamasaki Takao, the Japanese mercenary stood facing the hospital.
Walked out of his car impatiently.

He spread out his umbrella and walked over to where Hamasaki Takao stood. They both looked out at the hospital through a haze of grey but nothing was as clear through the unceasing drizzle.

"I suggest you send the men in at once..."

"We both know there is something extraordinarily powerful here, -in there, and we got to not act irrationally sending these men in for what we know not very well yet and placing these lives at risk." The Japanese ex-military mercenary replied lifting his binoculars to his eyes.

"His son has got something strange on the back of his neck." Maj. Gen. Tumwine replied. The Japanese soldier glanced side at him with surprise. "And the hospital blackout report... our trucking system failure and all that must have their root back to that thing."

"How do you know?"
Maj. Gen. Tumwine didn't respond immediately. "Because I have never seen a glint of fear in your face until... -until now."

"Me?" Hamasaki Takao replied glancing aside at Salim Savimbi's son Tumwine. "Afraid?"

He gave Maj. Gen. Tumwine has an obviously fake smile. His check starting from the side of his lips were twitching signifying fear but he tried to conceal them by focusing further out into the grey through the binoculars. Maj. Gen. Tumwine Darlington saw but kept his compliment.