6 - Intimidations

Chapter 6 (Intimidations)

Thurs. 9th Jan 2031 
Kampala Uganda
Entebbe airport.  

At 7:25 pm, a Ugandan military aircraft landed in Entebbe airport. There were three military vehicles waiting when three soldiers exited the plane along with the pilot.

Two of these were escorting a major general with all the different military ranks. He walked towards some generals waiting on him...

They saluted him and showed him to a Mercedes Benz. He entered the car the convoy started out followed by three other military vehicles.

***
Around the same time, President Salim Savimbi arrives at the state house. The military lines up while the secret service helps his dog out of the car. They hand the golden chain over to the president and with his dog, enter the state house.

His secretary was waiting. They greet each other and he instructs her to get the state house press ready.

"I have something to say to the nation and those foolish barking dogs..."

He is escorted to his office. Reaching there, he hands his dog to one of his men and walks over to his table. He takes the phone and dials a few numbers then placed it to his ear.

***

While on the highway from Entebbe airport to Kampala central, the capital of Uganda, Gen. Tumwine's cell phone rang. He took it quickly.
The caller was code-named PSS.

"Hello Father..."

"Hello." Came the President. "I hope you received my message..."

"Yes, I did. Nevertheless, what is the problem? Requiring all this urgency and..."

"Where are you, I because I need you here as soon as possible..."

"I just landed half an hour back and am on my way to the capital."

"Good." The president uttered.

"But what's bothering you...?"

"I guess you have heard about the council of the speakers' move to amend the terms of the union's first presidential race..."

"No, not yet Father... been very busy with recruitments."

"Understandable..." came the president. "Tonight try streaming for the latest news about the union's progress with the presidential elections. Because it's a very crucial national political matter denying us participation in the unions' first presidential elections due to take place next week."

"What madness is that...?" came the general leaning forwards. "I thought the first act is what's..."

"Well stated. It is madness but we need to discuss and find ways of tackling this together before it becomes quicksand under our feet son..."

"I understand Father. But..." The general replied.

"You heard me..." The president interrupted.

"Yes but my responsibilities..." the general tried to reason.

"Just like charity, responsibility starts at home with the safety and welfare of your family." Came the president strongly adding. "This is a matter of family concern as far as I know and by all means closely connected with the chairperson speaker's frequent meetings with Ibanda Ramathan..."

"Yes, my agent has been up to that... however, that then is a matter to worry about..." Came the general a bit surprised.

"Well, come see me at the statehouse as early as 5:00 am we talk this through..."