Ace

I was nervous to say the least. 

Today was the family dinner and everyone was bringing their friends, so mom let me bring Adam to aunt Sophie and uncle Keefe's house. Jenny was bringing Sonya. Adam and I decided to tell Jenny and Aj we were dating now since they technically knew already. We leaped to their house with our parents, getting swarmed by people when we got there. Everyone starts greeting us and hugging each other and I just pull Adam away from the chaos. He just rolls his eyes.

"Ace I'm used to your family already," he reminds me. I sigh.

"Yeah, yeah, but today is different. I can tell you're nervous y'know?" I gesture towards is slightly trembling hands with a smirk.

"Shut up!" He teases, blushing lightly and shoving me. We burst out laughing and Jenny raises an eyebrow at me. She walks over, Sonya hot on her heels. 

"Are you two finally together?" Sonya asks, pointing at our hands which I didn't even realize were linked. I quickly pull away. Adam sighs in defeat and starts to giggle. I can't help but join him.

"We are!" He cheers excitedly when we calm down. Jenny squeals so loud even Sonya covers her ears. Everyone looks in our direction but just looks away when they realize it was Jenny. 

"I need to tell Aj! Can I tell him? Or do you want to?" She rambles. I hold out my hand in a stop motion. 

"We'll tell him. Call him over. Alone please. I don't trust his friend," I say.

"Awwww! You trust me!" Sonya mocks. I playfully punch her shoulder. Aj comes rushing over.

"What's up? Are you two finally dating?" He asks, raising and eyebrow.

"Jeez Jenny, could you squeal any louder," I mutter under my breath which gets a smile out of everyone. 

"Shut up!" She shoves me.

"So you are!" Aj's whole face lights up as he squeezes Adam and I into a hug, pulling Jenny and Sonya in as well. 

"Dinner!" Uncle Keefe calls. We all rush inside to see what Edaline has prepared. (A.N. yeah their parents are here deal with it childs) Aunt Sophie comes into the kitchen with a HUGE bowl filled with starkflower stew, along with other small, yet delicious, dishes. All of the gang is here, Sophie, Keefe, Biana, Dex, Fitz, Marella, Linh, Tam, Wylie, Evangeline, their kids, and all of their parents (minus Tam and Linh's parents and Keefe's dad is here). Apparently Sonya's mom was going to stop by for a while as well as Aunt Stina and Uncle Jensi. 

Aunt Sophie stands up and everyone stops the chattering to look at her.

"It's been so long since we've all gathered like this! I just want to say, I'm so grateful that we can finally just enjoy a meal in peace! Everyone enjoy!" She raises her glass, then sits down beside her husband. 

"I love your family," Adam whispers. I blush as he grabs my hand under the table.

"Yeah, me too." I smile, thinking about how perfect this was.