Ace

Edit: Sorry for not adding a trigger warning to this before! I was so preoccupied trying to finish the chapter I forgot to add the A/N so I'm adding it now! If I ever forget just remind me! Love y'all!

TW-HOMOPHOBIA, F SLUR

-Ally

School is the worst.

Some guy randomly punched me today and called me a "fag". I don't even know what that means, so I decided to tell my mom about it. I knocked on her door after school.

"Mom?" I asked, creaking the door open.

"Come in," She replied. I walk into the room and saw her putting some clothes away.

"What's up sweetie?" She asked.

"Some kid at school punch me and called me a fag. I had to go to Elwin because it broke my nose." My mom's head snaps up at the word fag.

"Who did it?" 

"I don't know his name but he's a popular boy in my level," I say. She mumbles something to herself then pulls out her imparter.

"Ok, I'll handle this. Don't worry I'll make sure it doesn't happen again." She walks out of the room and up the stairs towards the leap master. Biana Dizznee is NOT someone to mess with. I decide to call Adam for a while and tell him about what happened at school. He was worried and his face was all scrunched up. It was really cute. After that Jenny barged into my room and dragged me over to AJ's house for a sleepover. I was surprised to find my mom there.

"Ok, but why would he call him that?" I overheard my mom saying.

"Maybe he's-" Aunt Sophie stopped as soon as she saw us. Luckily AJ saved us by stampeding down the stairs.

"Hi!" He cheers, kissing Jenny on the cheek.

"Hi!" She cheers back.

"Kids! You're here. Your aunt is letting us stay for diner I was about to hail you," My mom explains.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" Jenny questions. My mom looks right at me.

"Just solving something. Which reminds me, Ace can you stay here for a minute?" She says. I nod and she shoos Jenny and AJ away. My aunt starts talking.

"So, in the Forbidden Cities, the people who think LGBTQ+ are disgusting call people fags. Which is wrong. But my question is, are you...?" SHe doesn't finish but instead of answering I ask,

"What's LGBTQ+?"

"It stands for Lesbian (when girls like girls), Gay (when boys like boys), Bisexual (when you like two or more genders), Transgender (when you are born with one gender but it doesn't feel right so you change to another gender), Queer (the umbrella term for all, and the plus sign is for all the other terms out there," She explains quickly. So the kid must have found out I'm gay then.

"WHAT?!" My mom says, surprised.

"Oops did I say that out loud?" By the looks of it I did. My mom was shocked but smiling slightly, and my aunt was grinning. My mom hugged me.

"I'm so sorry you've been going through this on your own you have to tell me these things! I support you no matter what! Is this the first incindent?" She rambles. I nod.

"Promise you'll tell one of us if it happens again." She instructs. I promise them I will and look to my aunt who hasn't said a word, but is still grinning. I'm about to ask when the door bursts open.

"I'M HOME AND I BROUGHT FITZY!" Uncle Keefe screams. I can practically hear Jenny and AJ groan. Uncle Fitz means uncle Fitz's kids.

"I didn't bring my kids!" He calls when uncle Keefe stops yelling. There's a pause then people rushing down the stairs. They just get down the stairs when my dad lands right on the sofa.

"It worked! Yes! Wait this isn't my house?" He looks around at all of us then sighs.

"Sorry hun I was about to cal you but I got...caught up," My mom says, winking at me. I chuckle nervously. 

"It's fine, I'm here now." He smiles and everyone hugs each other. Apparently people stopping by like this is a normal occurrence in this house because Jenny and I are the only ones who look up when aunt Evangeline drags her family into the house.

"What did I say about arguing with your father? That's right, you're not supposed to! Now hurry up or they're going to eat with out us!" I hear my aunt scold. Cade strides into the kitchen. Haven't seen him in a while. He takes his studies seriously which pisses his dad off sometimes.

"Hi," He greets, sitting at a random spot across the table. Cass and JJ walk in, right before their parents, arguing, as usual. They shut up when their mom scolds them again, and all of them join us at the table. Everybody chats while we eat. We finish in an hour.

"Alright, we better get going now. Linh's coming over in....half an hours. See you tomorrow!" Aunt Evangeline says, holding her crystal and gathering her husband and kids who began arguing again. My parents let us go upstairs and aunt Sophie and my mom do the dishes while they let Keefe and Dex do whatever it is the two of them do in their spare time. We went upstairs and chilled for a bit. I told AJ and Jenny what happened at school and with mom and Sophie. Eventually my parents left and we went to bed not long after.