Aj

Y'all I forgot to put a TW in the chapter where Ace got called the F slur so I'm going to edit that and I'm going to say rn,

TW-HOMOPHOBIA

-Ally

I was listening calmly to my Billie Eilish playlist when I'm interrupted by what I thought was a squeal. I rush downstairs only to find people over. I rush over and say hi.

"Hi, what are you guys doing here?" I ask my girlfriend, her brother, and her brother's boyfriend. 

"I finally got Ace to agree!" Jenny squeals. Ohhhh so that's what I heard.

"Agree to what?" I ask, scrunching my eyebrows.

"Double date!" She screeches- I mean squeals- again. Ace sighs while Adam laughs and nudges him. Jenny shoos me back to my room to change, then we leave. Jenny pulls me along through Atlantis, Ace and Adam following behind, making sure not to make physical contact.

"Alright! We're here!" Jenny exclaims excitedly. She pushes open the door, talking to some lady at the small front area. The lady guides us over to a small table that I recognize as the same table we sat at on one of our first dates. I smile at her and she smiles back. We sit beside each other, Ace across from his sister and Adam across from me. Ace and Jenny are immediately caught in their bickering. I glance at Adam and notice him admiring Ace. I smirk to myself. Adam turns to me after a minute.

"So, I don't really know much about you Aj," He states. I let out a small laugh.

"I guess not. Well, I'm a telepath, Jenny's cognate. I like music a lot. And books. And art. I never really tell anyone I like art but I help my dad paint sometimes. What about you?" I admit. He smiles.

"Wow that sounds really awesome! I like music and reading too but theres not really much music to listen too. I'm a vanisher and polyglot," He tells me. I return his smile.

"You're both vanishers? That sounds...chaotic," I say, gesturing to him and Ace. We both chuckle at that. The server lady come back to our table and takes our order for mallowmelt. She back quickly and we devour it. I decide to pay then we leave. People are staring at us of course. Probably because Sophie is my mom. Ace and Adam are walking behind  us again. I see people whispering but I realize quickly it's not at Jenny and I. I turn quickly and notice the couple is laughing happily and holding hands. I guess it wasn't about my mom. I don't think they notice the people around them whispering. 

"Aj." Jenny tugs my arm, snapping me away from my thoughts. She points towards the group of girls heading straight for us with disgusted looks, lead none other then by his own lovely cousin, Charlotte. They walk past Jenny and I towards Ace and Adam. Charlotte stops in front of them, hip out, arms crossed. They stop to look up at her.

Ace rolls his eyes.

"What do you want?" He asks, annoyed, still holding his boyfriend's hand. Charlotte glares and their intertwined hands. She gestures wildly at said hands.

"That is disgusting and repulsing." She announces. She sticks her chin in the air still glaring at them.

"Remind where I asked for your opinion?" Ace pretends to think about his question for a few seconds.

"Oh right, I didn't." He interrupts, right as Charlotte is about to answer. She takes a step back from them. Jenny takes a protective step in front of her brother. 

"Don't talk to my brother like that," She says confidently, returning Charlotte's glare. I stand beside her. Before Charlotte can reply, a familiar voice comes from behind us.

"Charlotte! We're going to meet your dad in Mysterium-" Aunt Biana's voice comes from behind us.

"Oh hi! I didn't realize I would run into my children and my basically children here," She smiles. Jenny hugs her mom and Ace smiles back staying close to Adam. I hug my aunt. 

"What's going on here?" She asks, noticing the atmosphere. 

"Your children are disgusting is what! Supporting this disgusting behaviour! They were holding hands!" She shouts. My aunt sighs.

"I know Charlotte. It is not disgusting, but your attitude towards your cousin is, and I'm sure your parent wouldn't like to hear about this. My brother is very protective of my children and if you mess with them one more time it will not be pretty. My son's relationships are absolutely none of your business and do not affect you whatsoever. Do not talk to either of my children that way ever again. Are we clear?" My aunt smiles sweetly at the end. Charlotte looks terrified by the end. She nods quickly and my aunt smiles wider.

"Perfect! Now all of us can go meet everyone in Mysterium! I don't have to call all of you now!" She claps. We all catch one of the bubbles and light leap to Mysterium once we're at the top.

We met up with my parents and decided to all shop for a little, then eat dinner at Uncle Fitz and Aunt Marella's house. Charlotte didn't bother us for the rest of the day.