Marissa (Filler)

After getting over the initial shock of meeting my grandma, followed by finishing dinner, Denny leaving, and then my mother, grandmother and I moving to the living room to talk, it was actually a nice night. My grandma, Gisela, as she told me to call her, had some really interesting stories about my mom and my uncle as well as the rebel group she was in a while back. 

"They thought they got rid of me but I was the only member that survived. I made it out of the hideout as soon as I realized they got out. Sadly I wasn't able to alert the other members and Camryn and I were the only ones who successfully got to safety. My plans will not work anymore, as Keefe is an adult and it's clear he wants nothing to do with me," Gisela explains. Her and my mom share a look when she says the last part. 

"I'm sorry for your losses. I know that must have been hard, especially since it seems like something you put a lot of time into. Just know that my mom and I have been working everyday to make them pay for everything," I add. Gisela smiles at me as my mom lays her hand on my shoulder.

"I thank you for that. I do have one request, and I understand you will both need time to think about it. If you cannot do it for any reason it will be okay. As I said, my son, and your mother are too old now to be fit for my original plans. However, Camryn had you, and you are the perfect age. It will take careful research and adaption, but if you would like to take their original position, it is open to you, Marissa." My mom looks nervously at me, but I just sit there with my mouth open. Eventually it turns into a smile.

"I'm in. Tell me what I need to do."