Ace

That song matches this so muchhhhhhhhhhh

-Ally

Everyone was staring, and I couldn't find it in me to care. 

After the whole thing with Charlotte, I expected people to find out. Adam looked stressed and terrified. He sat in the back of class and tried to avoid the main hallways. Luckily, we had our vanishing class together. Technically we weren't supposed to but since the principle is Mr. Forkle, he let us. Our teacher was some really cringy dude named Mr. Lowe. He always tried to make jokes and try really hard to be friends with us. 

"Hello! Welcome to my favourite students! Who's ready to..vanish into the session? See what I did there?" He asks, chuckling at his joke. I give him an annoyed smile while Adam just proceeds to give us his worried expression. If Mr. Cringe notices, he doesn't ask. He blabbers about his weekend until he realizes there's only ten minutes left until the day ends, and makes us read a vanishing book until the bell rings. 

Ah, my favourite time of day, home time. Adam rushes out of the classroom before I can turn to ask him if he'll come over after school. I knew that the whole thing with Charlotte was really affecting him but I didn't think he would avoid me over it. I let out a sigh, making my way to my locker. Just as I was reaching it, someone shoved me against a locker.

"Ow, what the hell-"

"Watch it loser. You and your little boyfriend better watch it or you might get a lot worse than a locker shove," The person interrupts. I sigh in relief when I realize it's just Sonya warning me to be more careful. 

"Sonya you scared the crap out of me. Did you really need to shove me against the locker?" I ask. She just shrugs, pulling a bag of Prattles, popping one into her mouth. 

"Best way to get the message through is to scare it into your brain," she says, walking off to her locker. I roll my eyes and open my own, shoving my stuff in it, then heading to the leap master to meet Jenny and probably Aj. As usual, I'm the first one there, waiting on them. 

"...And then she tells her to shut up and I was like 'Oh. My. God! You did not just tell her to shut up!' and she just shrugged and walked away! Who does that?!" I overhear Jenny complaining to Aj, before I actually see them walking towards me. The other person I catch sight of is Adam, so naturally, I run towards him. He sees me and walks quicker towards the leapmaster. Of course I run faster. I reach him before he gets close enough to the leapmaster.

"Hey! Why are you avoiding me?" I ask. He looks up at me, tears rimming his eyes.

"I can't do this right now. Just move." His voice was different, more aggressive. I step back.

"What- Adam what happened-"

"I said move,  Ace," he spits, pushing past me. I stand there starting at his back as he calls for his house, trying to hold back my tears.

"Ace! Hey! Hurry up or we're leaving without you!" I hear Jenny calling in the distance. Everything feels far away. Adam looks back at me and our eyes meet right before the light whisks him away. I feel someone tug my arm.

"Ace are you okay?" Someone says. I feel something slide onto my wrist, then something wet fall down my face.

All my brain could understand was that I was crying. Everything hurt but felt numb at the same time. 

This was all my fault.