12

"I'm glad to hear that your father is well, but you couldn't have told me?"

The last two weeks have gone by excruciatingly slowly, and finally we are all back at school, and Ron, Hermione, and Harry can finally tell me what happened.

"I did tell you Addilyn!" Ron replies.

"You said, 'My father isn't dead.' That's all."

"Well I told you didn't I?"

"And you couldn't have said, 'Hey Addilyn, my father is alive and healing well, so the person who is the closest to a father you've ever known isn't dead or in a death like state with no hope for recovery.' or something along those lines?"

"He was under a lot of stress." Hermione interjects.

"I still would like to have heard something." I grumble.

"Now you know how I felt." Harry mumbled in reply.

"Fair enough."

"Oh, look! It's snowing!" Hermione says.

We all turn to the window she's pointing at. Sure enough, there is a thin layer of snow that is getting thicker by the minute.

"Snowball fight!" Ron yells.

We all run outside and spend the rest of the day pelting each other with snowballs.

We went inside to eat, and then Hermione insisted on going to the library to do homework.

"Well Hermione, I think we got it all done, and by we I mean you." Ron said closing a book loudly.

"Shhhh." Madam Pince hisses.

"We best be getting to bed. Classes start tomorrow." Hermione whispers.

"Bye Addilyn see you tomorrow." Harry says as they walk off to Gryffindor Tower.

"Bye guys." I turn to head off to the Slytherin common room.

I hear something behind me. In an instant my hand is on my wand but before I can turn, I feel arms wrap around my waist and a head rest on my shoulder. A familiar chuckle tickles my ear and a gentle kiss is pressed into my neck and I relax.

"Hey Malfoy." I turn around and hug him.

"Hey Hale." He pulls me in and kisses me.

"Why were you lurking in a hallway?"

"Well, I was bored, and hadn't seen you yet, so I assumed you would be with Granger, and she's always in the library, so I thought I would look for you there."

We start walking back to the dungeon hand in hand.

I start to feel dizzy. Everything starts to get too bright. I feel like I'm floating. Like I'm just going through the motions of walking. Draco is saying something, but I can't understand what it is. I feel detached from my body. It is too hot. Or is it too cold? Where am I? This seems familiar, but I can't see anything because it is all white and bright.

Everything goes dark and I feel my legs crumple beneath me.

...........................................................................

"Addilyn? Addilyn?" I hear a familiar voice saying. I know they are close, but it sounds far off because my ears are ringing. I open my eyes. Brightness and colors are blended together. A form is crouching over me.

My eyes start to focus and I feel normal again.

"Addilyn what happened?"

I sit up and prop myself up against the wall.