28

"Come in dear, come in." Molly ushers me in the Burrow.

"Thank you. Where are Harry, Ron and Hermione?"

"Working on preparations for the wedding. Why don't you put your belongings in Ginny's room, and I'll put you to work too."

I always stay with Ginny and Hermione. We like to stay up late into the night and talk. Sometimes it's about important stuff, and sometimes nothing at all.

"How can I help?"

"Why don't you help Ginny with straightening up the living room?"

"Alright." I walk into the other room. "Hey Gin."

"Hey Addilyn." We work quickly, but it still takes a while to clean it. Ginny talks in a hushed voice, explaining everything she knows.

"Mom isn't letting Harry, Ron and Hermione have a spare moment to discuss their mission. She doesn't want them to leave, so she's having them work all day on opposite sides of the house. She'll probably have you do the same, but there are only so many things we can do."

"Thanks. Hopefully she'll give it up, but if not, we'll have to find another way to speak to each other."

Ginny was right, Molly had the four of us working all day, and never in the same area. Then again the next day.

"Happy birthday Harry."

"Thanks." He didn't seem particularly happy about turning 17.

In fact, I don't blame him. I nearly forgot my own birthday, and when Draco and Narcissa wished me a happy 17th birthday, I wasn't in much of a mood to celebrate. With everything happening. Draco didn't seem too excited about his the next day either.

The party was fun, but then the minister came. He gave Ron Dumbledore's deluminator, Hermione a book, Harry a snitch and the sword of Gryffindor, but the sword wasn't actually his.

"That is all he left to you lot."

"Then why am I here?" I ask.

"Well, there was an old textbook that we found while collecting Albus's possessions. It was not Albus's. The new headmaster says it is his, but did not want it. We thought it should go to you, as it says it belonged to an 'Amory Hale', who I'm guessing is your father."

"He is."

"Then here you go." He handed me a slightly worn copy of 'Advanced Potion Making'.

He left, and I look at the book. I have something that used to belong to my father. It seems stupid, but the idea makes me happy.

I turn it over in my hands and examine the pages.

It looks almost identical to the book I used last year in Potions class.

Except for the back cover. On the inside, the paper that is supposed to be glued to the cover isn't completely attached. It also had a name written on it. The signature was the exact same as the one on my letter.

Hermione looked over at it.

"Do you think you're meant to peel it back?"

"Maybe."

I pulled back the paper, and written there, is a short note.

Sev,
I'm going. Thank you for helping me put the pieces together. I now know what needs to be found.
If I don't make it, you will know, and you need to find them.
The snake, the locket, the ring, the cup, the diary, the crown, and the boy.
You know how to find out if I need to see you, and you know where to meet me.
-Amory

"Well that wasn't super helpful." Ron said, after reading it over my shoulder. "Well it isn't!" He added after receiving a dirty look from Hermione.

"Actually, I think it is useful." Harry said. "He's talking about the Horcruxes."

"You're right." Hermione exclaimed. "The snake, that's Nagini, the locket, the one that Harry and Dumbledore tried to find, the ring, the one that Dumbledore already destroyed, the cup, Harry didn't you say that Hufflepuff had a cup, the diary, Tom Riddle's that Harry destroyed in second year."

"But what are the crown and the boy?" Harry asked.

"I don't know. We can figure that out later."

"Alright well, this is a step in the right direction. Now we know we were right on the horcruxes that we suspected." Hermione said.

...........................................................................

"Harry." Ron hisses when he follows Harry's gaze to Ginny.

"Sorry." He said turning back to Ron, Hermione, and I.

Krum came over in a rather bad mood, and Ron hurried to invite Hermione to a dance.

Krum talked about the symbol Luna's dad was wearing. I wasn't really listening closely, and Harry didn't seem to either. He was staring at Ginny again.

When Krum asked if she was single, I knew I had to get Harry away from him before Harry tackled him.

"Harry, would you like to dance?"

"Umm sure."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the dance floor, far away from Krum, and right next to Ron and Hermione.

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

Neither of us we particularly good dancers, but it was fun.

"There will come a soldier, who carries a mighty sword." I love this song. "He will tear your city down."

"Oh lei oh lia oh lord." I sang along, laughing. Hermione knew the words too, so she joined in singing too.

"Oh lei oh lia oh lord. He will tear your city down, oh lei oh lia oh lord."

We danced all night, and people came and left our group. Harry went to talk to an old friend of Dumbledore's, and Luna and Ginny danced with us for a while too.

...........................................................................

We had to go. The night was fun, but it couldn't last.

After narrowly escaping the coffee shop, we couldn't stay.

Number 12 was the best option.

Hermione and Ron fell asleep hands intertwined, and the sight made me smile. But as everyone else was sleeping, I lay awake, staring at the ceiling.

Hermione taught me the same enchantment she used on her bag, and I used it on my own bag.

I pulled out my piece of parchment among the other things I had packed. I saw there was already writing.

I miss you already Addilyn.

I scrawl down a reply and the words fade.

I miss you too.

I smile as new words immediately surface.

How are you? I heard about the ministry, and they crashed Bill and Fleur's wedding. Did you four make it out in time?

-

Yeah, we are fine. Safe enough for now, but who knows how long that will last.

-

Stay safe. I love you.

-

I love you too. Goodnight.

I put away the parchment, and eventually drift off to sleep.