20

The next day was Draco's birthday, and after that the next few weeks flew by. We spent most of our time reading in the willow tree or talking about absolutely nothing.

But now it is the day for me to go to the burrow.

I am excited to be going there, but also nervous. Draco is supposed to find out what his task is.

"Write me a letter right when you find out. I want to know exactly what it is."

"I will." Draco kisses me, and then helps me carry my bag to the front doorway so that I can use the floo network to get there.

"Thank you for having me stay here Mrs. Malfoy."

"And thank you for keeping our secret." I whisper as Narcissa pulls me in for a hug.

"It is no problem Addilyn."

My mother is there too, so I briefly hug Draco, and I tried to make it as platonic seeming as possible, but before we pulled apart, while Narcissa and my mother were talking and not paying attention, we said one final goodbye.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

That was all we had time for.

"Goodbye mother. I'll see you this Christmas." I said before turning to the fireplace. In a second, I find myself in the Weasley's living room.

"Addilyn dear, so good to see you." Molly says before squeezing my tightly in a hug.

"Good to see you too Molly."

"Herry, Ron, and Hermione are upstairs." Fleur said. Her accent is almost completely gone.

"Thank you. Oh, and congratulations on your engagement." Fleur smiles widely at me, while Molly scowls at her.

I walk upstairs to Ron's room.

"Hey guys."

"Addilyn! Do you have any information on the deatheaters?"

"No. They were just talking the whole time I was there."

"So what did you do the whole time you were there?" Ron asks.

"It was at the Malfoy Manor, and Draco wasn't included in the meetings, so I was mostly around him."

"Did you give him a good punch in the face for me?" Harry asks.

"No. I'm pretty sure my mother would disown me if I did that. But I think Hermione did pretty well in third year."

I sat down next to them.

"So, what are you guys talking about?"

"Slughorn." Harry said.

"He sounds like a loon." Ron added.

"Who's Slughorn?" I ask.

"He's the guy I went with Dumbledore to convince to teach at Hogwarts. I have no idea why."

"Alright."

I try to join in their conversation, and make them tell me the whole story of finding Slughorn.

Later, Ginny comes in, muttering something about Fleur.

"She can't be all that bad." I said.

"....Phlgm......English...........Bill........wedding.......kissing.........Ron.......suck up...." was all I could hear her muttering under her breath.

"Give her a break, there are much worse people in this world."

"Yeah. Like Malfoy." Ron said.

"I was thinking more of the Dark Lord, who has killed hundreds of people and has been hunting Harry for 16 years, but ok."

"Yeah I guess." Ron mumbles.

...........................................................................

"YOU BROKE HIS NOSE?"

The last few weeks of summer at the burrow were over before I knew it.

Harry waited to listen in on Blaise, Draco, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle. Then, Malfoy caught him, hexed him, then stomped on his nose.

Tonks got him out of that one, but he was late. Then Harry told us at dinner.

The moment I caught up to him in the dungeons, I grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the empty classroom near Snape's.

Once the door was closed, I started yelling.

"I wanted revenge."

"FOR WHAT?"

"Harry is the reason my father is in Azkaban!"

"No! Your father chose to became a death eater! The Dark Lord lured Harry to the ministry! Your father went after him! Your father made mistakes! How is it Harry's fault?"

"It's just...." Draco doesn't continue. He seems distant. He usually is much more involved in arguments, especially when it comes to his family.

"What were you thinking!" I don't pose it as a question, and I don't wait for an answer. "If you didn't pull stuff like that, we might be able to not keep us a secret at least at school. Why do you have to do this kind of crap? Why on Earth do you blame Harry?"

Draco doesn't respond.

"Exactly. You just want someone to blame." I walk back to my dorm. He just wants to blame his problems on someone, and Harry's the obvious choice. I don't want to take any of his crap right now.

...........................................................................

It's been a few weeks of avoiding Draco. I really just can't deal with it right now. Harry is still recovering from the loss of Sirius. Ron and Hermione are struggling with his death too. I really just don't have time to deal with him blaming me and my friends for his father's failure.

Harry is finally hosting quidditch tryouts for Gryffindor. Hermione was going to watch, and I am going to meet her there and watch too.

As I leave the common room, I pass Draco. I brush past him as quickly as possible.

"Addilyn..." he says quietly.

I need to meet Hermione. Today has been a rough day and I really just can't deal with anything else right now.

Draco doesn't try to go after me.