Is It Over?

"Bre!"

"Bre!"

"Bre! Wake the hell up! You're late for work!" Yelled Lexi. Groaning loudly, I rolled over on my bed. Today is gonna be one helluva day. With that thought in my mind I sat up in bed and yawned loudly, while scratching the birds nest on top of my head. Jeesh! What the hell happened last night? I asked myself as my body began to protest when I slide off the bed. Why do I feel like I've been ran over with a truck a million times? Ignoring the excruciating pain, I used my super speed to shower, dress in my horrible work clothes, and tame my hair into a high ponytail. "Bre! Let's go! We're already 15 minutes late!" Lexi yelled as I was about to walk out my room.

"Would you stop yelling? I can clearly hear you." I huffed at her as I walked past her and outside the door. Lexi is currently my roommate and best friend. For now. We met a couple of weeks after I ran away and clicked instantly. She was my first girlfriend. Back home all the girls would give me dirty looks and tried to intimidate me, but being the bad-ass I was born to be I ignored them. It only got boring sometimes. Okay, a lot of times. When I first met Lexi, she was crying her eyes out and vomiting on the sidewalk in broad daylight(vampires can totally be in sunlight), and babbling nonsense. I quickly helped her get herself back together and we went out for lunch. Turns out she was crying because she got fired from her job, her parents cut her off, and her boyfriend dumped her. All in the same day. I felt bad for her, so I invited her to stay with me until she got back on her feet, but she wiggled her way into my heart and managed to become my friend. My family.

"If i didn't yell at you, who would?" She asked me as she climbed into her shiny, black car. That was the only thing she was allowed to keep, after her parents cut her off. Laughing sarcastically, we climbed into the car and sped to work.

~~~~~

"You!" Our boss yelled at us both, while walking towards us as fast as his chubby body could take him. "Both of you are 30 minutes late! I don't wanna hear any of your bullshit excuses either! Just get those people their coffee! Get out of my sight!" He heavily breathed, while his face turned a deep red and a permanent scowl on his sweaty face. Scurrying to the back room, we quickly slide on our aprons and pinned our name tags. Throwing Lexi a thumbs up before we went to our separate registers, I quickly went to take a customer's order.

I didn't need a job, to be honest. I was very rich. All those years saving money in a hidden bank account turned out to be a great idea. I literally had millions in my bank account. Some went to organizations and charity. The rest in my account, just sitting there. I also needed to look like I needed a jump like any other young adult would. Nobody in town knew I was a vampire, but I've met a couple that would pass by for a feed. Other than that nobody knew we existed. Just another myth to them, because if we were to expose ourselves then all hell would break those. So all of us being, Vamps, Wolves, Fairies, Witches, Dwarfs, Zombies, Mermaids, Unicorns, and even Sasquatches. Clearing my head of those thoughts, I regained myself and walked to the register.

"Welcome to Starbucks! What would you like to order?

~~~~~

"Did you see that sexy man, back there?" Looking over my shoulder at the older man that Lexi claimed to be sexy.

"Um... Lex, no offense but he's like 50 years old." I said in a disgusted tone. I don't know how she could ever call or even think a man with that many wrinkles sexy. What has the world come to?

"Stop exaggerating! He is probably in his forties. You're way to shallow Bre, that's probably why you haven't been getting any for months.' She snorted unattractively over her shoulder while we climbed into the car.