The Room...

Brey

The shiny silvery knife catches my eye again, as I looked down at the neatly set dining table.

After I found out that the skinny blonde bitch was Leo's sister, I excused myself and gathered my thoughts as I was rushed to get dressed for the "dinner" they planned. A gut wrenching feeling told me something was going down tonight.

"Aubrey honey, I hope you don't mind a well made raw steak. It is just fabulous once you sink your fangs into the red, juicy goodness." Mrs. Lexington, Leo's mother, gushed over the meal that would arrive soon.

My gums ached as my fangs throbbed to come out. I haven't had blood in almost two weeks. I could feel my body getting weaker day by day.

As if sensing my need for blood, a elegant glass of blood was placed in front of me. I swiftly, but carefully picked it up and lightly sniffed the sweet nectar. Ahh O Positive. My favorite. My demon moaned in my head, at the heavenly scent.

I placed my chapped lips on the rim of the glass, and took a tiny sip of it. I knew that once I got blood back into my system, I wouldn't be able to stop. That's exactly what happened.

I went into a blood hazed feeling. The thickness of the sweet, sweet nectar gliding smoothly down my throat as I desperately drank all of it, to the very last drop. I could feel my pupils dilate, and switch to its blood red color. My fangs purtruding out of my throbbing gums, and every cell, every hair, every single part of my body became alive and it relished in the feel of pure ecstacy.

"Someone's mighty thirsty, I see." King David commented as he watched me with wonder.

A light chuckle escaped my blood stained lips as a light blush crawled over my face. Grabbing my napkin I quickly wiped my lips.

Averting my gaze from the empty glass, I let my gaze float around the room. A custom made oak wood table, with mahogany colored chairs with a hint of creme. A beautiful gold chandelier drapping from the celing , illuminating the room. Dinner sets, set neatly at each place mat in front of all the powerful Lexington's, and myself.

Its weird. To think of myself as a Lexington. The most powerful name in the entire realm. The pressure of being watched by everyone. The pressure of guidance to younger children. I'm not sure if I'm even ready for that.

A suffocating presence over powered mine as I felt him walk into the room. Tilting my head slightly, I could watch him in my peripheral vision. The way his freshed pressed black suit clung to his body so nicely. The way the sleeves bunched around his biceps with each stride. The way his shiny black slacks hung low on his hips, and swayed with each graceful, but force filled step. The way his tie hung loosely around his tanned neck. The way his hair looked sexily tousled, and untamed. The way he watched me, like he was stalking prey. And that prey was me.

As soon as Leo sat in the vacant seat next to mine, he moved it as close as possible to where our thighs touched.

"Now that everybody is here, let's eat." King David gushed at the action that Leo did. As if awaiting for his cue, servants filled the room and presented an appetizer.

A platter full of various types of cheeses, raw meat, fruit, and vegetables were placed in the middle of the table. A servant handed all of us a plate, and served us small amounts. A young girl, with a very skinny and pale figure stalked towards me in peasant drapped clothes, and poured more blood into my empty glass.

For a moment, the girl and my eyes met, and I held her gaze and tried to decipher what was wrong with her. Something felt off about her, like a dark figure loomed over her some how. I shook my head away from the sinister thoughts and focused on the delicious food in front of me.