02

THE STRANGE noise jolted your senses awake, and all the fatigue left your body almost instantaneously, to be replaced by cautiousness. As you slipped out of bed, you took special care not to make any noise as your bare feet landed on the cold ground.

You silently pray to all the Gods that you were merely hearing things prior to your drowsiness, but the constant faint thuds against the wooden material of your bedroom door made you doubt and rethink otherwise.

No one couldn't have just barged in inside your apartment since you were sure you locked the doors after you had gone back from work, plus the windows were normally never unlocked.

Your hands instinctively grab the nearest object among your field of vision, which so happens to be an antique, creamed color vase that your grandmother had given you on your 11th birthday. Tho you had less time to worry about it, so this will do for the meantime.

Please don't be an intruder please don't be an intruder please don't be an intruder —

The constant thoughts in your head were intruded when you heard an unusual, indistinct voice mutter something incoherent on the other side. You couldn't quite grasp whether the voice belonged to a male or a female, which only made the situation perhaps more worse.

You swallow the huge lump in your throat, finally gripping all the courage you have left in you to take an effort closer to the door, tightening your grasp on the vase.

However, the noise had suddenly ceased. You froze on your spot, eyebrows furrowing at the hasty silence.

Are they.. gone?

Despite having a good 2 minutes to pass, you wavered motionless on your spot, still wary at the strange deafening silence that enshrouded the whole room.

When you were confident that it was finally safe, you puffed out a sigh of relief. It was only then when you recalled the particular orange-furred Jimin that was still lying on the couch, not knowing whether he was free from disturbance.

What if something happened to him? Should I check on him just in case?

Yeah.. maybe I should just to be sure.

Without any hesitancy, your hand engulfs the doorknob, twisting it as you yank the door open.

Promptly as you do, your eyes had basically bulged out when an unfamiliar figure unexpectedly came dashing in and collided its body against yours, immediately feeling a pair of arms encircling their way around your waist.

You initially wanted to scream on top of your lungs when the realization slowly dawned on you that that someone was a complete utter stranger, but the way it tightened its arms around you as if all life depended on it came to be the cessation of your restlessness.

His heart palpitated uncontrollably, you could feel it at how much your bodies huddled each other while his arms and legs remained intensely stock-still. You felt his shoulders subtly move up and down, indicating his rather unkempt breathing as if nervous and..

Hurt.

"H-Help me," The quivering voice murmured, which you could clearly make out that it belongs to a man, beggingly that clamped the soft spot of your heart as your eyes unconsciously morph into a softer shape.