16

"DO YOU.. want pancakes?"

"Were you even listening to me?" You scoffed. His lower lip jutted out as he looked down on his lap. "I was just asking.."

"You can make some in the morning," You rolled your eyes. After seeing him outside of your apartment door, you let him inside and decided to talk to him about what happened earlier in the morning.

But, just as you expected, he tried to dodge the topic by frequently changing the subject. You didn't understand why he was so keen to avoid discussing the issue.

"Speak, what is going on? Who is 'her'?" You looked at him sternly in the eye. He swallowed, emphasizing the way his adam's apple bobbed up and down. As much as you didn't want to intrude too much, you couldn't help but let the curiosity overtake your mind.

"It's.. she's.." He stammered, avoiding his gaze. You reclined on the couch, crossing your arms across your chest as you waited for his words.

"O-Oh, right, where's Jungkook?" There he goes again. He's been doing this for the past hour.

"You're sleeping on the couch." Your expression dulled as you rose from the couch. His eyes were wide as he watched you move away, but almost instantly, he wrapped his hand around your wrist, causing you to stagger a few steps backwards until your back crashed on the plush cushions.

You stiffened on the spot when he edged closer to your body and encircled his arms around your waist, setting his cheek above your chest as if to hear your pulse. If you could only regulate your own heartbeat, you would have done so right away because your heart was racing.

"I'm sorry.. forgive me." His angelic voice spoke in hushed tones. Your heart ached from the earnestness and guilt in his voice as he tightened the hug.

A small sigh slips past your lips as you stare defeatedly at the ceiling. You gently pat his head, but when your ears soon pick up soft sobs, a frown etches on your face. You cup both sides of Jimin's face and forced his head upwards. You gasp at the sight of his moist cheeks.

"Jimin, what's the matter? Why are you crying?" You asked with a worried look. He lowered his head, bringing his face back that was nuzzled on your neck.

"Please don't leave me," He mumbled quietly, almost as if he didn't want you to hear it.

"What are you talking about? I won't leave you. Never." You soothed, fixing his hair. He nodded before pressing a small kiss on your neck, causing you to stop as your hand freezes.

"Good." You felt a smile on his lips. You stayed silent for a few minutes, unable to comprehend what just happened.

You were about to open your mouth when you overheard a faint snore. You scowled, but a wry smile surfaced on your lips soon after.

You then closed your eyes, allowing the exhaustion to take over your body as your eyelids began to feel heavy. Not long, you were both fast asleep on the couch, peacefully snuggled in each other's arms.

•┈┈••✦♥✦••┈┈•

"I told you there was something going on."

"Keep quiet, Taehyung, or else!"

"Or else what? What are you gonna do? Strangle me to death with your Buzz Lightyear underwear?"