09

"THIS IS just sheer torture," Jimin huffs indignantly as he throws the last remaining wrapper in the trash bin.

"No Jungkook, do not do that!" Your eyes widened when the bunny hybrid tried to squish his upper body inside the small cabinet under the countertop.

"What?" Jungkook says, voice amplifying as his tail momentarily halted its occasional twitching. If it weren't for the situation, you would have found it undeniably cute.

You inched closer to his lodged figure with both arms folded against your chest. Your browns upturned the slightest when he attempted to pull himself out but to no avail.

"Uh.. I think I'm stuck."

You rolled your eyes. "Well apparently."

"I'll help him!" Jimin volunteers enthusiastically as he raises his hand. He quickly walks over behind his helpless fellow hybrid and grabs either side of his legs. You stood there watching the two in amusement.

"Okay. 1.. 2.. 3!"

With all his strength, he began to pull Jungkook's legs, making him grunt slightly in the process. He pulled once, twice, thrice, but Jungkook's upper body remained unfazed and jammed inside the cabinet. You sighed.

"Uhm, I-I have a suggestion," Jungkook reluctantly says. "I heard that butter can be convenient at times like this.."

You and Jimin furrowed your brows.

Jungkook seemed to have sensed the confusion lingering in the atmosphere. "Uh y'know, spread it across the side? It'll make it more slippery and easier for my body to get pulled out."

"Butter. Huh," Jimin's little brows furrowed as he rested both palms on his knees. "Where'd you learn that?"

"I don't know. 5-minute crafts?" Jungkook shrugged and you suppressed the pit of laughter threatening to escape your lips.

"C'mon, let's just get you out of there."

This time, you and Jimin exchanged nods, taking each leg and with one last big pull, Jungkook finally hauls out and crashes on the cold floor against his back.

He stared at the ceiling for a moment, then quickly got up on his feet and brushed the dust off his pants. "Thank God, it's so smelly there." He says, nose scrunching up as he reminisces the filthy odor.

"Jeez, do you even clean your cabinets, love?" Jimin speaks up and your brows immediately knitted upon his new term of endearment.

What happened to sweetheart?

.. Not that I'm complaining.

Shaking the thought off, you dust your hands and sighed indolently. "Shut up, I do clean them."

He grinned. His eyes roamed around the now clean kitchen. Truthfully speaking, they did a good job in cleaning the kitchen earlier.

Glancing at the clock, you realized it was already amidst midnight. You should have been sleeping by now, considering how you had to wake up early in the sunrise for work. You have never really been a morning person but ever since you applied for the job, you have gradually learned to deal with it and got used to the everyday cycle of waking up early.