13

YOU TOSSED and turned around your bed, letting out a huff of frustration. Jungkook's words were continuously ringing in your ears, unrelentingly occupying your mind that obstructed the trigger to get a good night's sleep.

You couldn't get it out of your head; you were rattled by everything Jungkook had said till after you had to go to bed. Of course, you figured it was merely a transient mental roadblock and that you could simply approach Jimin about it and console him, but something was inhibiting you from doing so.

A voice in the back of your mind urged you to just go to sleep and quit fretting about it, however, another voice in the deepest recesses of your mind kept jarring your senses and driving you to ponder about Jungkook's words.

Love Jimin as much as she did..

Love.. it is indeed a strong word. Or at least, you think it is. It was something you struggled to fathom as a once defenseless child, not just emotionally and sexually. Romantic commitments were an automatic "factor-out" for you. Furthermore, your parents are an example. Their bitterness for you was beyond a shadow of a doubt; they didn't have to say anything to openly express their abstruse antagonism towards you. Truthfully speaking, until this day, you have 0 percent idea as to why they acted like you had committed the biggest crime of your life that had a significant impact on them.

Sighing in defeat, you slowly got out of bed. The clock's ceaseless ticking and Jungkook's infrequent soft snores remained the only thing to be heard inside your noiseless bedroom. You checked the clock, only to realize that it was somewhere between 2 a.m.

"Damn it," You muttered under your breath, unforcedly kicking the desk near you a little too aggressively. When the realization struck, a voiceless curse slipped from your lips when you hear Jungkook groan and mumble something incoherent from the couch. You sighed in relief when his body relaxed once again.

You soon realized how parched your throat felt upon the restless night you were having, so you decided to grab a small drink of water. But just as you were about to exit the room, your eyes instantly caught notice of something stir in your peripheral vision, evoking a brief squeal of fright from your lips as you adjust your gaze to the direction of the window.

Something, or rather someone, unknowingly small was sitting on the wooden barrier. You couldn't quite grasp what it was, since the only you thing you could discern from it was its shadow.

But the longer you stared at it, the higher your anxiety went when you realized it had a tail.

A freaking, moving tail.

So it's a cat. Yeah, it's just another cat.

You assured yourself one last time with a nod before turning around, almost wanting to punch yourself in the face for overthinking a cat's presence merely because it reminded you of that certain person.

But before you could take your first step away was when you felt something encircle around your waist and abruptly pull you from behind, making your back hit something hard.

"Hi," A voice greeted. As soon as the realization hit you in the head, your jaw dropped. You spun around, only to meet eyes with someone you had least expected to see right now.

"Jimin?!" You yelled in disbelief, but not loud enough to disrupt Jungkook's sleep as you familiarized his orange-like eyes.

He smiled broadly upon hearing his name, making his eyes form a crescent shape. "Y/N!"

"Hold on.. you.. what are you doing here? You're supposed to be at Jin's house!" Confusion along with a fusion of wariness started arising in your tone, and before you could bombard him further with questions, he interrupts.