17

"WHY DO you keep looking at your phone?"

"Huh?" You lowered your phone when an irritated voice spoke beside you. "Oh, nothing.. just.. checking the time."

"You glanced at it for like 36 times this past hour already," Jimin scowled, placing down his strawberry smoothie. "Do you wanna go home?"

"No, it's fine." You shook your head, gently squeezing his hand. "Sorry, it's just-"

Another notification popped up on the screen, initiating a small beep. Jimin heard it clearly when the frown on his face noticeably deepened. "Who is that?"

"No one," You answered, placing your phone back into your handbag, secretly hoping Chan would stop bugging you and bombarding you with texts. You had no idea how he acquired your phone number because you remember changing it immediately after you and he broke up.

"So how did you two meet?"

You and Jimin both turn to Chaewon, who had a sweet smile on her face. Taehyung grinned beside her, coolly sipping on his mango smoothie.

"Y/N's a good storyteller, she'll tell you," Jimin replied nonchalantly before you could open your mouth. You gave him a short side-glance glare before returning a forced smile to Taehyung's date. "Well, we've known each other since high school."

"Really? That's cool!" Chaewon beamed. "High school love stories are just the best of the best, don't you agree? It's just sad how Taehyung here is such a chicken for taking him 2 years to ask me out."

"Why are you blaming me for that?" Taehyung's lower lip protruded. "If there wasn't this one jerk back then who kept trying to make moves on you, then maybe we would've been a thing earlier than 2 years,"

"Wow, Mr. Kim. You're so sure about me approving to go out on a date with you, huh?" Chaewon's brow arched upward.

"Well you did yesterday," There was a curve on the side of his lips as he took another long sip of his smoothie. Chaewon only rolled her eyes, but there was a small tinge of red creeping on her cheeks.

"A-Anyway," She straightened her back. "Shall we go watch a movie? I hear they're premiering a new horror movie later today!"

"Horror movie?" Jimin repeated lowly with a frown. "I don't really like those.."

"Oh, hush!" Chaewon dismissed him with a hand. "Your lovely girlfriend probably likes horror movies. Right, Y/N?"

"Uhm.." You rubbed the back of your head with an awkward smile. "Kinda?"

"See?" She motioned to you. "Come on, Jimin! Do it for your girlfriend, okay?"

He paused for a moment, looked at you, then back at Chaewon. "Okay.." He trailed off with a small sigh. She then avidly clapped her hands and without a warning, pulled Taehyung up from his chair.

"I'll buy us tickets first, then we'll go watch it. Come on!" She announced and walked out of the restaurant in a state of eagerness with Taehyung still in her hold.

You and Jimin then exchange anxious expressions. I think it was safe to say that you both strongly disliked horror movies.

•┈┈••✦♥✦••┈┈•

"Oh shit," Jimin, for the thousandth time, murmured a curse beside you with suppression in his tone. You gently pinched his arm before redirecting your attention back to the movie.

"When is this going to stop? It's been 2 hours.." He complained, resting his head on your shoulder.

"40 minutes," You corrected. "And can you please stop gripping my arm? It's getting sore."