07

"ARE YOU okay? You've been acting weird lately," Jimin took a side-glance at you who stood outside of the café as you watched Hoseok and Yoongi walk away.

You smiled when the frigid air embraced your body, gently fondling your hair as your fingers attempted to stroke a hair strand behind your ear. "Nothing. I'm just tired. Let's go?"

Although there was a bit of reluctance in Jimin's eyes, he slowly nodded before entwining his hand on yours. You looked down on it, blinking. Jimin notices and before you could withdraw your hand away, he pulls you as the two of you start to walk across the pathway.

You let your eyes slowly drift to the night sky hovering above the sky. It was just like the same night before you had found Jimin in the alleyway. The stars endlessly danced, gracefully glistening that enveloped you with a feeling of comfort.

The stars had never failed to fascinate you at it's finest. Ever since you were a child who was forced inside her own house, the only solace you found was when you took a small peek at the window, translucent curtains fondling with the chilly air, and observed every celestial body in the sky. For you, it was indeed, one of the most fascinating mysteries.

"It's Chanyeol.. He's back."

Subconsciously, you squeezed Jimin's hands. You notice him looking at you before glancing down on your intertwined hands together.

You then look down on your feet, a constant flood of jittery thoughts beginning to deluge your mind.

How did he even manage to track down Hoseok? It isn't possible. We haven't heard from him in a long time..

You couldn't relax, not until you know whether he knows or doesn't know where you were. When you think back on Hoseok's reaction earlier, it seems like he hasn't changed one bit at all.

Gwan Chanyeol was someone you had history with, but at the same time, someone you wish you didn't get involved with in the first place. He was your ex, the first person you took seriously even after how your parents were strongly against your relationship together.

You fought for the two of you, sometimes even had constant fights with your parents. But one day, you felt hopelessly betrayed when you found out he was seeing someone else behind your back. You trusted him, but he broke it, carelessly, like you were just another one of his victim, his playdate that he'll leave sooner to play with someone new.

Your parents knew. They treated you like you were a stupid person, but you had no words against them. You didn't have to guts to.

You already wanted to shake the thoughts away, but a voice had already beat you to it.

"I'm hungry."

Jimin's voice abruptly snaps you back from your short-lived reverie. The way he stared at you slightly startled you as you both made a momentary eye contact before he broke it, inching closer to you. He disengaged his hand from yours before wrapping his arms around your side, catching you off guard as he nuzzled his face comfortably on your shoulder.

"And I'm cold.." He mumbled. "Can you please hug me back, sweetheart?"

You stared at him with wide eyes, still motionless on your spot that elicited a giggle from the orange-haired feline. "Why are you staring at me like that?"