05

Shutting his eyes tightly, Beomgyu spread his arms out, allowing the wind to ruffle his hair as he took his last breath on this Earth. Now, more than ever, he has never felt so free, so liberated...

He forced his mind to think of a happy thought, just to end his last few moments on a happier note. Standing there for a few moments, he realised that he has never recalled an event in his life where he felt joy. Just as he was about to take a step forward, he felt a strong pair of arms- pulling him backwards with such force that he ended up falling on top of the mysterious person.

THUMP

Beomgyu immediately got on his feet as he examined the person who just saved him- he was still lying on his back, his eyes still closed—did he pass out?

Just as Beomgyu was about to ring for an ambulance, the boy let out a groan as he attempted to get back onto his feet.

"What were you about to do just now!? You were about to die right there!" Taehyun said, exasperated until he finally saw the state the boy he just saved was in. The boy's eyes were glistening with tears.

"I—I—" Beomgyu spluttered as he tried to form a sentence in his head that could explain what he had just attempted to do.

"I don't know what you're going through but I'm just telling you now to please, don't ever try to take on your life like that, okay? I'm sorry but I really need to get going- remember what I just said!" Taehyun called out as he began to head back downstairs.

"W-wait!" Beomgyu said. He had a million questions running through his mind like who are you? When can I see you again?  Can you stay a little longer?

But instead, the question "What is your name?" left his mouth.

"You can call me Taehyun," the brown-haired boy replied before disappearing down the stairs, leaving Beomgyu with more questions than answers.