30

Beomgyu woke up the next day feeling much more energetic and light as he skipped down the stairs before closing the door behind him. Taehyun, who was already outside of Beomgyu's house, waved a "hello," to him.

He quickly made his way next to the latter as they started to head towards school. Oddly enough, Beomgyu's morning seemed much more lively and brighter than usual with the cloudless sky and their path lined with piles of orange and red leaves, or perhaps it was because he was finally going out with the person he likes.

"What's making you so happy today?" Asked Taehyun, letting out a chuckle.

"Well, I'm finally dating the person I like," Beomgyu said with a smile.

"Keep smiling then, I like seeing you happy," said Taehyun coolly. Beomgyu's heart gave a sudden jump when he felt a hand cupping his as their fingers intertwined together.

"Let's walk like this," Beomgyu replied with a grin as they began to walk towards school together hand-in-hand.

»»—— ——««

The lunch bell rang as everyone quickly got up from their seats to head towards the cafeteria. Once Beomgyu was done, he heaved his bag over his shoulder as he made his way out of the classroom. Just as he was about to head towards the cafeteria, he felt a hand holding his.

"Taehyun!" Beomgyu beamed at the latter.

"Let's go," he replied as he held Beomgyu's hand, leading him down towards the staircase.

"Isn't lunch the other way?" Beomgyu asked, looking back in the direction which supposedly leads towards the school's cafeteria.

"You'll see," Taehyun grinned as they began to walk down the staircase which leads to the school's park.

As they arrived, they were greeted by the cool breeze and the warm rays of the sun. Taehyun led the latter under the shade of the trees, where a red gingham blanket was laid across the grass patch with sushi boxes and sandwiches stacked on top of it.

Beomgyu clapped a hand to his mouth before sitting down, Taehyun couldn't suppress a grin at his boyfriend's reaction to the little surprise he had prepared.

"You really didn't have to," he said, feeling overwhelmed. 

"How can I not?" Come on, let's eat," Taehyun replied, opening the sushi box before holding up one and bringing it towards Beomgyu's mouth– who was blushing profusely before surrendering to his boyfriend's cute antics and opening his mouth.

"OH MY GOD." 

Taehyun whirled his head around faster than the speed of light to see Hueningkai and Soobin gaping with their mouths open. Beomgyu, too, had his mouth hanging open as the four of them stared at each other for a good minute, not knowing what to say.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE!" Taehyun shouted.

"YOU WEREN'T IN THE CAFETERIA SO OF COURSE, WE WOULD LOOK FOR YOU," Hueningkai shouted back as if they were communicating from several miles away.

"Uh, can we have a seat?" Said Soobin. Before Taehyun could open his mouth to object to their request, Hueningkai came scrambling towards the two as he settled in between the two. Soobin merely shrugged before taking a seat by the picnic blanket as well.

"So," Hueningkai said, his eyes glistening with amusement at the news of his friends dating each other, "How did it all happen? Details? When did you start dating?" He asked, throwing a bunch of questions at the couple.

By the time lunch was over, Hueningkai and Soobin practically had all the run-down details of their relationship to write a whole book- except for the details about Beomgyu's treatment at home and the fact that Taehyun knows about it.

Literature was their last class of the day and it was honestly the only lesson Beomgyu genuinely looked forward to―mainly because they were still working on the analysis which he would be working with Taehyun.

The class was dismissed as the clock's shorter hand hit 4 o'clock. Everyone began to pack up before leaving the classroom one by one.

"Taehyun!" Mr Jung called out just as he and Beomgyu were about to leave the room. "Could I speak to you for a moment?" Beomgyu gave Taehyun a nod before leaving the classroom. He walked towards Mr Jung's desk as he contemplated what to say.

"Taehyun, I'm sorry if I am being a bit intrusive, but I just wanted to know if Beomgyu is alright," he said. The latter didn't know how to answer Mr Jung's question as he stared down at his feet.

"He has never been the most sociable person, so I'm glad he now has a friend like you to confide in. But after what happened yesterday, I'm starting to feel a bit worried. I know my boundaries as a teacher, but I would just like to know if there's anything I can do to help," Mr Jung continued.

Taehyun stood there, dumbfounded on what he should say. This could be one of the best ways to help Beomgyu out of the current situation he was in, but then again, he might not be so ready to open up about it to others yet, considering how he wouldn't even dare to tell neither Soobin nor Hueningkai about it.

"Well, to be honest, he isn't in the best situation at the moment... but I don't think you should be hearing this from me since it's really up to Beomgyu whether or not he decides to let someone know about it. I'm so sorry but I can't give too many details on the matter," Taehyun apologised.

"No worries. But please, let me know if I can be of any help," said Mr Jung as he waved goodbye to the latter.

»»—— ——««

Beomgyu waited patiently for Taehyun outside of the school gates. To his surprise, the latter came out much quicker than he anticipated.

"Why did Mr Jung hold you back?" Asked Beomgyu, not putting too much thought into the question he had just ask. Taehyun's face immediately grew serious and a part of Beomgyu regretted asking him in the first place.

"Beomgyu."

"Hm?"

"Have you ever thought about letting others know about... you know―how you're being treated at home."

It pained Taehyun to see Beomgyu's smile fall so quickly the moment he asked that, but he needed an answer from Beomgyu and only Beomgyu himself.

"No," he replied, diverting his eyes from Taehyun's gaze. "Honestly, it scares me. Letting other people know about how I'm being mistreated. Just bringing up the topic sends chills down my spine and it scares me...," said Beomgyu, feeling his emotions clogging his throat as a sour sensation filled his eyes.

Taehyun embraced him into a tight hug, allowing Beomgyu to rest his head onto his shoulder, allowing himself to lean on someone else. That was exactly what he needed right now: a hug. Slowly, Taehyun pulled away as he stared into the latter's eyes.

"You don't have to be scared, because I'm right here with you," Spoke Taehyun softly as he reached for Beomgyu's hands.

"I'm sorry for being a coward―"

"You're not a coward. And you'll never be one," said Taehyun, his tone raised a little when he said that but it only proved that he genuinely meant what was said. "You're so brave for putting up with this torment for so many years. Please just, hang in there, because I promise I'll get you out of there soon," he continued.

Tears trickled down his cheeks as Beomgyu found it hard to talk, taking a deep breath before giving Taehyun a firm nod. Beomgyu knew he was going to be alright as long as Taehyun was with him, though he still didn't exactly get what the latter had meant by "getting him out of his situation."

Shaking his thoughts off, Beomgyu surrendered to his thirst for affection at the moment as he gripped Taehyun's hand tighter. Getting the message, Taehyun wrapped his arm around Beomgyu's body as they made their way towards their neighbourhood.

It was at that point where Beomgyu genuinely wished that time would just stop right there and then.